Moderator: StanInBlack

Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Keith meets Keith

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Available here

You'll have to set up a pin number.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Black Leather Jacket
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Black Leather Jacket »

Raven Darkholme wrote:is it just me, or does anyone else think Keith allen and his pathetic little brainless daughter are a pair of prats?
Agreed.Can't stand either of them tbh.They both think they are cleverer than they actually are.
Car crash telly though - what an arsehole Floyd is too - but A GREAT CHARACTER WHO I'D LOVED TO HAVE HAD A NIGHT OUT WITH! :smt030 :smt033
Home is a black leather jacket
Fitting sweetly to my brain!
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Great to see the RPM footage of Heroes - never seen that before so released a small sex wee. 8)

Shame he's caved in - he was certainly a hero of mine and many Stranglers fans I suspect. Funny, as I was cooking a meal last week with the burd I mentioned Keith Floyd and we chatted about him and how he was the first decent TV chef, how he used to guzzle whilst cooking (something we share in common!) and how he loved The Stranglers. He once mentioned in a cookery programme the fact he adored the Stranglers too which I thought was good of him seeing as most TV folk ignore them.

RIP Keith. I will certainly continue to model myself on you when in the kitchen! :lol:
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

You're right Grinder - I can't cook without a glass of wine in the kitchen. I blame Keith!! :grin:

Jim
Organ Grinder wrote:Great to see the RPM footage of Heroes - never seen that before so released a small sex wee. 8)

Shame he's caved in - he was certainly a hero of mine and many Stranglers fans I suspect. Funny, as I was cooking a meal last week with the burd I mentioned Keith Floyd and we chatted about him and how he was the first decent TV chef, how he used to guzzle whilst cooking (something we share in common!) and how he loved The Stranglers. He once mentioned in a cookery programme the fact he adored the Stranglers too which I thought was good of him seeing as most TV folk ignore them.

RIP Keith. I will certainly continue to model myself on you when in the kitchen! :lol:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro »

It's a pity the BBC can't replay some of this great footage they have of the stranglers or release some if it on DVD. "RPM" broadcasted a stranglers gig in Bristol in Nov'81 & Jan '83 and also did the Meninblack documentary with Hugh & Jet. All thanks to Mr. Pritchard (who I think was the only BBC producer to support the stranglers!!).
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"
dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dead ringer »

I liked the bit where Keith F said to the waiter, refering to Keith A, in French "He's a comedian, an actor, a cnut" while Keith A sat there like a moron. Harsh but true! I wonder if Hugh was still in touch with him, maybe not!
Ian9331

Post by Ian9331 »

dead ringer wrote:I liked the bit where Keith F said to the waiter, refering to Keith A, in French "He's a comedian, an actor, a cnut" while Keith A sat there like a moron. Harsh but true! I wonder if Hugh was still in touch with him, maybe not!
And when Mr. Floyd was asked what he thought of 'Celebrity Chefs' & he replied 'CUNTS'! Brilliant. He was clever as he moved on to the subject of the filming crews of such programmes. Never a frown with Keith Floyd.

The bad language on the programme was entertaining. Mr. Floyd did not give a care (Fuck) about anyone and said his bit. Good on him.
Maybe I'll find love when there's nothing to do........
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yep really good use of the word cunt - what a star!

Jim
Ian9331 wrote:
dead ringer wrote:I liked the bit where Keith F said to the waiter, refering to Keith A, in French "He's a comedian, an actor, a cnut" while Keith A sat there like a moron. Harsh but true! I wonder if Hugh was still in touch with him, maybe not!
And when Mr. Floyd was asked what he thought of 'Celebrity Chefs' & he replied 'CUNTS'! Brilliant. He was clever as he moved on to the subject of the filming crews of such programmes. Never a frown with Keith Floyd.

The bad language on the programme was entertaining. Mr. Floyd did not give a care (Fuck) about anyone and said his bit. Good on him.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Fatbusjim

Post by Fatbusjim »

theraven1979 wrote:Yep really good use of the word cunt - what a star!

Jim
Bet that'll bring Spooner from under his stone!! :roll:
jamesgreenfield
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by jamesgreenfield »

There was one very pertinent comment made by Floyd in that program which reminded me why I liked him so much. ' I drink a little too much red wine and smoke to many cigarettes....but its my life.'

Not the direct quote, can't remember as I am a bit drunk myself now. But why not eh? He was a piss head and all piss heads can be a pain in the arse....but if you can live your life on your own terms and not hurt anyone else, well, you have done a great job. He very nearly pulled it off.

I am still trying and will apolgise to no one for being an alcoholic.

At least I am not a cunt. FACT.
did somebody say wanker?