Downtime over the bank holiday weekend

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Downtime over the bank holiday weekend

Post by theraven1979 »

There will be some forums downtime over the Bank Holiday due to bandwidth exceeding and (hopefully) me doing some maintenance - Expect us back up for 1st Sept

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Downtime over the bank holiday weekend

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

My other fave forum Onefinfalkirk(Falkirk Football Club) is also down just now :smt010 :smt010

What am I going to do for the next 3 days :smt013

I bust my ankle at work on Tuesday(I quite like the blue toes look), and have Mrs TOTS laptop set up in the Living room as I rest.

I'll end up spending loads! Thanks Jim :smt005
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Unbelievably we're using (over) 25gb of bandwidth per month. I need to get us over to the new web provider. I've already paid for this out of the site funds so although we may have a couple of days of downtime it's definately not the end for the site.

Jim
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

theraven1979 wrote:Unbelievably we're using (over) 25gb of bandwidth per month. I need to get us over to the new web provider.
I've already paid for this out of the site funds so although we may have a couple of days of downtime it's definately not the end for the site.

Jim
What's causing the high Bandwidth usage Jim?
Peeps linking to Photobucket/Flikr etc(guilty M'lud), instead of posting to the Gallerys? :?

Another 'Pass the hat round' required, once you've moved us across?
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Thanks Davy - I've not really looked into what is causing it. Although I know that we're a medium size forum now as opposed to a small forum - The 900 members are mainly regular visitors (if not posters) so the site does get a fair bit of action. "Simplest" win for me is to get us across to the new provider.

No hat passing required at this time thanks - the funds cover this adequetly. However, if you're reading this and you haven't donated - then your support is always welcome

Thanks

Jim
Toiler On The Sea wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Unbelievably we're using (over) 25gb of bandwidth per month. I need to get us over to the new web provider.
I've already paid for this out of the site funds so although we may have a couple of days of downtime it's definately not the end for the site.

Jim
What's causing the high Bandwidth usage Jim?
Peeps linking to Photobucket/Flikr etc(guilty M'lud), instead of posting to the Gallerys? :?

Another 'Pass the hat round' required, once you've moved us across?