Manics new album and live dates

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Manics new album and live dates

Post by mantheylovetohate »

theraven1979 wrote:They've been going down this "this is what we're supposed to sound like" route since the last album IMO. They've gone all GnR Yankee Cock Rock cos they think that's what the fans want to hear. It's a shame I though Lifeblood was quite interesting and where they were naturally - Now they're trying to mould and force themselves into a certain ilk it stinks rotten IMO.

Jim
mantheylovetohate wrote:I'll be at Brighton & 3rd Roundhouse night. Not sure what I think of the idea of them 'finding' some of Richey's lyrics (after all this time) & using them-seems a bit desperate to me. Reviews seem to indicate a darker Holy Bible feel to the album-I hope that's the case.
I think they're trying to recapture their critically acclaimed best & seem to be failing miserably! Let's not forget they tried the US cock rock route with Gold Against & thankfully they went darker with HB. I still love them, although they're past their sell by date!!!!
Did someone say "Wonky"?
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Freddie Laker »

mantheylovetohate wrote:I'll be at Brighton & 3rd Roundhouse night. Not sure what I think of the idea of them 'finding' some of Richey's lyrics (after all this time) & using them-seems a bit desperate to me. Reviews seem to indicate a darker Holy Bible feel to the album-I hope that's the case.
I'll also be at the 3rd Roundhouse on the Saturday. See you there, Owen. 8)
I'm still a fan of theirs, despite very mixed reviews for the last album. The gig they played at Cambridge Corn Exchange a couple of years ago remains one of the best I've ever seen. I was also very impressed a few days later at The Forum when they played a completely different set. :grin:
I don't think I'll regret spending 26 quid for The Roundhouse. :grin: :grin:
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mantheylovetohate »

Freddie Laker wrote:I'll also be at the 3rd Roundhouse on the Saturday. See you there, Owen. 8)
See you there FL-I'll be in my tiara & feather boa!!! :shock:
Did someone say "Wonky"?
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Although I'm not the worlds most hardcore Manics fan by anyones standards and deffo NOT a fan of yank cock rock by any means I still have to say that 'Send Away The Tigers' (or whatever it was called) was their most enjoyable album to date. O.K I've never heard one of their long players ('Lifeblood') but give me an album that I actually enjoy as opposed to one that I can only describe as "interesting" at best anyday . Knoworrimean :?: :idea:
SmallPaul
Rats Rally

Post by SmallPaul »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Although I'm not the worlds most hardcore Manics fan by anyones standards and deffo NOT a fan of yank cock rock by any means I still have to say that 'Send Away The Tigers' (or whatever it was called) was their most enjoyable album to date. O.K I've never heard one of their long players ('Lifeblood') but give me an album that I actually enjoy as opposed to one that I can only describe as "interesting" at best anyday . Knoworrimean :?: :idea:
I agree with that TBC - I think Send Away The tigers is their best album, and I'm certainly no fan of yank cock rock. Admittedly, I did get into the Manics quite late on.

Also, I'd never come across the term "patsy" until this album (apart from Kensit/Palmer) - I had to look up what a "patsy" was - still not sure where it originates from.

I, for one, am looking forward to the new album. :grin:

Paul