Twats at gigs are getting worse

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

grayo wrote: And as for 'over-hyped shit' look no further than 'Hoover Dam'.......... thought it was so crap I threw it in the River severn.........

You should have given it to me. It could have been number 3 in my collection of coasters - the other 2 being The DEEP cd & 42/40.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

I haven't seen Grayo since The Stranglers gig in Frome. :(

We were all in that little back garden of that pub and were having a lovely afternoon. The time went on and I think we all just about made it to the gig. And it was a good gig too.

Some of us then went for, arguably, the crappiest curry, ever.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
grayo wrote: And as for 'over-hyped shit' look no further than 'Hoover Dam'.......... thought it was so crap I threw it in the River severn.........

You should have given it to me. It could have been number 3 in my collection of coasters - the other 2 being The DEEP cd & 42/40.
Number 4 is'nt it?

After 'The best of the Tweenies' :wink:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

PaulinLondon wrote:

Some of us then went for, arguably, the crappiest curry, ever.
Very true Paul.
In 2007 the worst-Frome, the best-Lincoln. 8)
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Jeeze? Could I be any more to the point?

Jim
C r a s s ! wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:I hate old fat flatculent balding blokes at gigs.

As for Oasis - they're overhyped shit.

Jim
This means something, does it Jim?

Anyway - Homer has a sorta point in his point, although I don't think Noel twatted any photographers in the past, only Liam.

Whatabout when that Jimiroquai or whatever he's called - when he got all hot n bothered with the press in some TV's worst rock stars behaving badly doc and bashed up an innocent snapper. Made himself look like a bit of a knob. Which was nice!
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

If you are fat, and just stand and fart (constantly) at gigs then yes I am referring to you. Can't say I had anyone particular in mind when I mentioned this (didn't think you were fat either but there yer go). Bizarre how you stepped up for that one :?: :!:

Jim
grayo wrote:

Jim
I mean, I'm old, fat and bald so does that mean you hate me?? And as for 'over-hyped shit' look no further than 'Hoover Dam'. I downloaded that from his website ('cos it was free) than played it in the car on the way to work in Bristol and thought it was so crap I threw it in the River severn.........

Fly straight with here comes another ban................
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

jbinblack wrote:
grayo wrote:
I mean, I'm old, fat and bald so does that mean you hate me?? And as for 'over-hyped shit' look no further than 'Hoover Dam'. I downloaded that from his website ('cos it was free) than played it in the car on the way to work in Bristol and thought it was so crap I threw it in the River severn.........

Why didn't you use a re-writable cd?? coulda just gone over it. :oops: :lol:

Good idea...

:lol: :lol:
Claireinblack
kent
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

So which would you rather be, old fat flatculent balding blokes or overhyped shit?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Neither

Also, can we add to the list people who just stand and talk through the entire gig - It's like as soon as the band play the first song they start talking again as if they're givng their mates a running commentary - I witnessed this last night at the Wire gig. Why spend £16 to do that? Stay at fuckin home!

Apols in advance to Grayo in case he was stood in front of me at Wire last night and was talking constantly :lol:

Jim

Niki Wu wrote:So which would you rather be, old fat flatculent balding blokes or overhyped shit?
grayo
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by grayo »

theraven1979 wrote:Neither

Also, can we add to the list people who just stand and talk through the entire gig - It's like as soon as the band play the first song they start talking again as if they're givng their mates a running commentary - I witnessed this last night at the Wire gig. Why spend £16 to do that? Stay at fuckin home!

Apols in advance to Grayo in case he was stood in front of me at Wire last night and was talking constantly :lol:

Jim

Niki Wu wrote:So which would you rather be, old fat flatculent balding blokes or overhyped shit?
Wasn't me Jim!! Did they play Outdoor Miner??
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

I have to admit to having done this under the very nose of Paul Roberts at a Stranglers gig. But you know how it is you've got your teenage kids with you and some trollope is trying to push in. You can't help but give it some. :smt018
theraven1979 wrote:Neither

Jim

yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

grayo wrote:

Jim

:twisted: Grayo, it is to my eternal chagrin that I have never, knowingly, met you but I look forward to meeting you soon, seeing as I also chucked my downloaded copy of Hoover Dam in a river. Admittedly not the Severn, or over the neighbours wall like 'Clubbed to Death'(you recieved and rejected it yet giz? I've been ....ahem.....unavailable!), but, there was a lickle puddle just outside my front door where the guttering had failed after a light shower and, well........I couldn't resist!

Fly straight with here comes.....................always the sun :?: 8)