john lydon in racist attack allegations

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

I'll give him his dues - he still seems dangerous, which is no mean feat for any aging rocker but he just acts like the biggest wanker on the planet. Would you chat to someone like him in the pub or spin on yer heel and walk straight out? :?
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

C'mon he's great entertainment. He's one of those rare people that in the pub situation you'd put up with him cos even though he's probably having a go he's a great wheeze.

Jim
Organ Grinder wrote:I'll give him his dues - he still seems dangerous, which is no mean feat for any aging rocker but he just acts like the biggest wanker on the planet. Would you chat to someone like him in the pub or spin on yer heel and walk straight out? :?
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Frank Castle
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Frank Castle »

I think Lydon is as about as scary and threatening as Bambi.I don't buy the phoney anger and the bulging eyes...I wish he would just shut up and fuck off back to La La land until the Pistols next pension tour. :roll:
christopher

Post by christopher »

I must admit I like the pistols and old johnny rotten, he was a character in the jungle, and he is making a fortune , goodluck sir............

Still,enjoy never mind the bollocks first class albnum :twisted:
hugh says"what ever happend to guilford high street"
Fuck knows to far away for me to see........
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

theraven1979 wrote:C'mon he's great entertainment. He's one of those rare people that in the pub situation you'd put up with him cos even though he's probably having a go he's a great wheeze.

Jim
Organ Grinder wrote:I'll give him his dues - he still seems dangerous, which is no mean feat for any aging rocker but he just acts like the biggest wanker on the planet. Would you chat to someone like him in the pub or spin on yer heel and walk straight out? :?
Nah, I'd just think he ought to grow up and drop the act, then we might stand a chance of having a decent chat
Frank Castle

Post by Frank Castle »

christopher wrote:I must admit I like the pistols and old johnny rotten, he was a character in the jungle, and he is making a fortune , goodluck sir............

Still,enjoy never mind the bollocks first class albnum :twisted:
Only reason Lydon got the Jungle gig,is because a certain French bass player told them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

Remember talking to JJ at the Arran gig about this,and the great man said he got offered I think 70 grand for it.But he was wisely talked out of it,I think JJ regards himself as a musician rather than a celebrity.

I'm glad JJ declined,I think I may have lost a bit of respect for him....but obviously a man of principle.

Unlike Lydon!!!
Pam
Rats Rally

Post by Pam »

Frank Castle wrote:
Organ Grinder wrote:I know I may be in the minority here but Johnny Rotton really gets up my fuckin nose. But I guess that's the point of him, right?
No you're not alone,I wish the cunt would shut up and crawl back to his Hollywood mansion.Instead of preaching about what a shit state the UK is in.......I fucking know I live here. :roll:

Unlike Rotten :twisted:

Totally agree!

Mildly amusing at Barcelona - After main set he was posturing - "we won't play any more unless you ASK US!"; may just have been the area where I was standing but not one person was"asking" :lol:

Unfortunately they still did two encores :(
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

That was a bit of bad luck Pam...!!!!

Some people just can't take a hint !!

:lol:
Claireinblack
kent
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Jim Davidson: "I don't do encores, me. Fuck that. I've been left out in those wings far too often!"

:lol:
christopher

Post by christopher »

Well having caught up with the reviews of the festival up in scotland, the pistols /johnny rotten and co rounded on us scots as well.

Just because he says " The Stranglers were just a bunch of iditots ".
(radio clyde 1978 Billy sloan show called Street sounds ). shows once and for all good press/ bad press = ticket sales= money :twisted: :twisted: .

I think old johnny boy has come to be what he hated and stood against in 1977/78.............. :twisted: :twisted:
hugh says"what ever happend to guilford high street"
Fuck knows to far away for me to see........
johnnyg1968

Post by johnnyg1968 »

who gives a fuck i mean he has become a parody of himself. And is as threatening as a goldfish. Im sick of the twat
"THE OTHER NIGHT I CHANCED UPON AN IRATE CATERPILLAR"