Disney - Orlando

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

SmallPaul
Rats Rally

Disney - Orlando

Post by SmallPaul »

Next week, me & Mrs SmallPaul are taking our 2 daughters, aged 10 & 5, to Orlando to do all the Disney stuff.

Just wondering whether anyone has been recently and whether there are any particular must-do's, must-avoid's etc.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks. :grin:

Paul
Cola Can
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Cola Can »

Plan, plan and plan again. Decide which theme parks you are going to each day and stick to the plan. And don't forget to send us a postcard!
Procrastinators: Leaders of Tomorrow
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

I'm sure the girls will be telling you exactly where you are going.....

Have a great time Paul

:smile:
Claireinblack
kent
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Have a great trip Paul. Never been but enjoy.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
ladpinblack

Post by ladpinblack »

With 2 girls that age my advice would be to favour Disney Magic Kingdom and Disney Animal Kingdom, also Sea World. There are some great rides at the other parks but a lot of them wont be suitable for your youngest daughter. They may find Epcot a little boring althought the fireworks are fabulous. Ive been several times with children similar ages to yours, if there is anything particular you want to know about then just let me know.
Cola Can
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Cola Can »

don't sit in the bottom half of the seats when you go to watch the killer whale...you'll get f...ing soaked.
Procrastinators: Leaders of Tomorrow
MANUINBLACK
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by MANUINBLACK »

Busch gardens is a must for a day (at least) out . about hour and a half drive but worth it :grin:
well that was amazing,its taken him all day to learn that bass solo
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Look out for Aligators in swimming pools! :shock:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

gizzard wrote:Look out for Aligators in swimming pools! :shock:

Blimey.......

:shock:
Claireinblack
kent
vanian

Post by vanian »

Hi Paul,
I live in Orlando and really at this time of year its very hot (93 is the average) and rains every afternoon for about an hour . its the start of hurricaine season next week but nothing is looming so you will be fine on that . Regarding the parks here is a snapshot for you
Epcot - good big park lots of things for the younger one to do and quite a few things for older kids - sell beer !
Hollywood studios- smaller park some good rides but the little one wont be able to go on these due to height - sell beer
Disney - the land of the black rat as we call him - just give your money and soul as you enter the park and you will be fine ! - be prepared for VERY long queues at this park - good for the kids BUT no beer !
Animal kingdom - best disney park - sell beer and lots to do but does not open as late as the others due to the animals - fun place and has beer
universal islands - great park for all - beer
universal studios - good park - bit dated but fun - beer
Gator land - good half day park - is what it is
Seaworld- expensive park but you do get a second day free - good fun and they have just opened a new water park .

All of the parks are expensive to get in and you have to pay on average around $60.00 for a ticket plus you have to pay around $11.00 to park but i suppose the exc rate is good so its not so bad .

Oh , just make sure you have factor 50 sunscreen and drink tons - and do go near any ponds/lakes - where there is water there are gators
hope this helps and enjoy the sunshine state :-)
kinski

Post by kinski »

I'm off to Florida for the 4th time later in the Summer. Probably the last visit, as the kids are getting older now.

As already mentioned its very hot - visit the water parks to cool off. Its magic taking the kids. And the food is cheap and plentiful!

My must sees - the Tower of Terror and Sci-Fi Diner (Hollywood studios), Soarin' (Epcot).
Last edited by kinski on 26 Jun 2008, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
Resurrect the Jodie Foster thread...
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

This is an old tip but I've found it works.
When you go through the entrance at any theme park turn right as most people tend to walk round them clockwise.
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.