Jet Black signed drum skin

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Nokesy
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Jet Black signed drum skin

Post by Nokesy »

Blimey!! It only went for £60 at Manchester, and £70/75 at Glasgow. A year or so back, I saw one go for £200 plus at Manchester. I thought bidding would have gone through the roof, what with this being the 30 year anniversary. Any thoughts??
Let me take you to a restuarant that got glass tables, you can watch yourself while you are eating...
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Jet Black signed drum skin

Post by suchi »

Nokesy wrote:Blimey!! It only went for £60 at Manchester, and £70/75 at Glasgow. A year or so back, I saw one go for £200 plus at Manchester. I thought bidding would have gone through the roof, what with this being the 30 year anniversary. Any thoughts??
How interesting..........Market forces were obviously under the illusion it was a rare commodity back then. It has now come to light that they as common as muck. Classic case of flooding the market and some people getting a better return for their shrewd investment policy.
Nokesy
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Nokesy »

:? ?????????? - What do you do for a livin?
Let me take you to a restuarant that got glass tables, you can watch yourself while you are eating...
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

Nokesy wrote::? ?????????? - What do you do for a livin?
I sign drumskins!
Isolate the critisism and pass it on.
Nokesy
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Nokesy »

I asked for that! - nice one. :P
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

Nokesy wrote:I asked for that! - nice one. :P
:wink: Nah I was just takin' the piss which is very unlike me.

Mi brother is lucky enough to have the remains of neck from JJ's Yamaha bass he smashed up. We found it lieing around in Kinkades workshop so he got JJ to sign it. Now that is a one off! I'll see if I can get a photo of it posted up here.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Shurely it's a case of something only being worth what someone is willing to pay for it?

Personally, I'd not give you a fiver for a bit of broken guitar that may or may not have belonged to JJ at some point.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Tim
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Tim »

so the band left stage at the final encore then someone comes on with a hammer and auction stuff to sell off the signed skin?? pray tell how one gets to purchase such a thing at such a time :lol: :?: :shock:
your brain's exposed and its starting to show your rotten thoughts YUK!
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:Shurely it's a case of something only being worth what someone is willing to pay for it?

Personally, I'd not give you a fiver for a bit of broken guitar that may or may not have belonged to JJ at some point.
I'm not aware it's for sale. So it's not worth anything. :?
Isolate the critisism and pass it on.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Saw the winning bidder leaving the Roundhouse gig with his 'lot' - but didn't have the interest/inclination to ask how much he had bid for it!!

Personally thought it looked a piece of tat :?
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

I saw that before the gig started and wondered what it was. Now my question has been answered. Don't think i would have been tempted to part with much money to posess such a thing.
A signed foreskin would be much more useful, you could make it into a wallet, and when you went on holiday you could rub it and it would turn into a suitcase.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
LAFOLIE
Ugly
Ugly

Post by LAFOLIE »

Ive got a pair of signed Jet Black drum sticks which I obtained through the SIS in the 80's.
I am the knot that slips from the loop

I am the earth that conquers the root