Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

PaulinLondon wrote:
Alias wrote:
The Sewer The Sewer wrote: Shame about UB40 - I loved them until the 3rd album - If you want to get 2 good cd's to add to your collection try Present Arms and UB40 (With the old UB40 card front - If I'm not showing my age too much)

Not too much mate! :grin: I have to agree about the 1st 2 UB40 albums as well (inc. the 12"'s). Different band altogether back then they were.
Opening track on Present Arms - gorgeous of course. Horns, drums and bass. Gorgeous.
That's one of the things that pissed me off, they wrote some cracking tunes on those albums, with corking lyrics too and then had a hit with Red Red Wine and it was covers all the way after that, the lazy bastards.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Alias wrote:
PaulinLondon wrote:
Alias wrote: Not too much mate! :grin: I have to agree about the 1st 2 UB40 albums as well (inc. the 12"'s). Different band altogether back then they were.
Opening track on Present Arms - gorgeous of course. Horns, drums and bass. Gorgeous.
That's one of the things that pissed me off, they wrote some cracking tunes on those albums, with corking lyrics too and then had a hit with Red Red Wine and it was covers all the way after that, the lazy bastards.
Correct. No bottle what so ever.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Always fancied seeing 'ROSENSANGER' :smt028
Radar
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Radar »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Always fancied seeing 'ROSENSANGER' :smt028
YEA..I would have had a bit of that (Gets vision of machine gunning the lot of them)
Get on with it
LarryinRed
SHAKESPEARO

Post by LarryinRed »

Radar wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote:Always fancied seeing 'ROSENSANGER' :smt028
YEA..I would have had a bit of that (Gets vision of machine gunning the lot of them)
You woulda loved a sanger, ey, Radar? I would love an L sanger. Three Ls to make it seem thicker. HOw bout you, eh, Radar? An LLL and bullet sanger?
ROKIT
SHAKESPEARO

Post by ROKIT »

MOTT THE HOOPLE 73-74
HAWKWIND 1972-73
THE WHO - 1967-68
LED ZEPPELIN -1973
SEX PISTOLS - 1976
JOY DIVISION - 1979
SKIDS-1979
STIFF LITTLE FINGERS -1979
ALICE COOPER - 1973