AC/DC

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

AC/DC

Post by Organ Grinder »

On Rock Goes To College on BBC4 right now.

Pure bliss! :grin:
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

:lol: Seems to a few people in audience who are bored shitless
Fredib
Ugly
Ugly

Re: AC/DC

Post by Fredib »

Organ Grinder wrote:On Rock Goes To College on BBC4 right now.

Pure bliss! :grin:
Haven't got any spare time at the moment : I'm listening to the last Soulsec offering ... :roll: You should try : luverly, and very good for your... coco... :wink:
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Fuck off! :lol:

That AC/DC gig was the best I've seen on telly since........................ 8)

Gotta be up there with Lemmy! :grin:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Soulsec? who?

Yeah AC/DC rock, seen em a few times, Angus is one of the best riddum players ever, love his tone. Gibson SG straight into a Marshall.
Shush this is serious
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

AC/DC is the band that I have most albums of after The Stranglers. Love 'em, pure raw rock and roll.
As it happens, I have just this minute returned from a splendid evening watching one of the several AC/DC tribute bands, this one called "Live Wire" were fucking superb. They are very authentic and very entertaining, and I heartily recommend them to anybody who likes the music of the band.
I know some people take a dim view of tribute bands, and I also used to share that view, but for a tenner they provide great entertainment, and a good night out.

Bit pissed off I missed this on the box tonight though. I think its probably the same gig that I posted a link to on the "UTube gems of other bands" thread a week or so ago, from Essex university in '78. A fantastic performance from the band, from my favourite era. Bon Scott, like so many other great rockers, lived hard and died tragically young. sadly missed.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

one called "Live Wire" were fucking superb
A mate of mine goes to see them when he can and thinks they're brilliant too.

Yup, it was the Essex Uni gig. Small venue, sweaty performance. Raw? Yes! Rock and roll? Definately! :grin:
IamCoop
Rats Rally

Post by IamCoop »

One of my favourite bands. Saw them in Milton Keynes in 2001. They were absolutely phenominal that night, probably my first 'life-changing' gig experience.
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Can't believe that you chaps like that stuff ! I can't bear to listen to whining guitars and whining lead singers in rock bands.

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Saw them at Wembley Arena many years ago. Poss early 80s.

They were excellent and this huge bell was lowered onto the stage for Hell's Bells. Which was nice.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

paulinblack wrote:Can't believe that you chaps like that stuff ! I can't bear to listen to whining guitars and whining lead singers in rock bands.

Paul
Obviously I do not know your tastes entirely Paul, but that gig on TV last night was more like punk, with a boogie beat behind it. It was hypnotic! A more captivating gig I have yet to see broadcast on the gogglebox. They had a certain kinda groove going that just feels so fucking good, it got inside you. I challenge anyone to resist the urge to tap a foot to it. The audience knew it and so did the band. It most certainly was a golden moment in music television for me. As a musician, when you get hold of that groove, you don't ever let it go and those boys knew that and held onto the fucker until the whole room was bursting into fountains of sweat and hair.

But I understand it's not everyones cuppa.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

I watched it too.
And the first thing I thought was, "Why oh why did you have to tell those
Guildford Uni fuckers to fuck off?" :evil:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'