Ebay convention tickets.

As the title really - no bootleg stuff please.

Moderator: StanInBlack

dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Ebay convention tickets.

Post by dan-electro » 20 Oct 2011, 10:39

Everyone should just go on eBay and bid unrealistic prices and just not pay him. He claims if he isn't paid within 72 hours he will just relist. He will soon get bored if no one pays. There is no negative feedback for buyers anymore so what can he do!! The other thing is that perhaps since there is such a strict ruling on these tickets and that the buyers risk not been allowed into the event the official sources should be informing eBay to remove these tickets as he is essentially selling a 'dud' item. :|
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"

Sword sparkle
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Sword sparkle » 20 Oct 2011, 12:41

Maybe we are being a bit harsh on the sellers of these tickets after all not all Stranglers fans are aware of this site.

I mean I had been a follower of the lads since the early days and went to see them first in the early 80's. I knew a few other fans by sight and a few others via Strangled (the magazine) but it was not until Wonky Bus 1 that I knew of this forums existence (I know call myself a fan Tchhhh). What I am trying to say is that if they don't know of this site how are they going to sell the tickets (that is presuming they are genuine fans) other than somewhere like ebay.

If they are selling for genuine reasons then that is not so bad in my eyes, the single ticket seller started his auction at £50. I only started this thread as a look how lucky us first time buyers were type thread and how others were willing to pay big money for the tickets.

Also as Baz said have they seen who is the support acts whilst bidding big money :? :grin:
Yarp.
When I say ugly I don't mean rough looking I mean hideoussssss

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 » 20 Oct 2011, 12:46

I think everyone is well aware that there's only really a small percentage of fans registered on this forum. Maybe we'll get 2 new members soon :grin:

I also noticed they'd started the bidding at £50 AND there sometimes is a geniune reason you can't make a gig but you can contact the official site, Music Glue etc and say "can I put the tickets back in as I can't make it" or words to that effect. Putting them on Ebay is just looking for a profit IMO. Also, the Adam Ant gig (just a gig!!) I find a bit hard to swallow especially as the seller has indicated they're staying in London for the entire weekend.

Jim
Sword sparkle wrote:Maybe we are being a bit harsh on the sellers of these tickets after all not all Stranglers fans are aware of this site.

I mean I had been a follower of the lads since the early days and went to see them first in the early 80's. I knew a few other fans by sight and a few others via Strangled (the magazine) but it was not until Wonky Bus 1 that I knew of this forums existence (I know call myself a fan Tchhhh). What I am trying to say is that if they don't know of this site how are they going to sell the tickets (that is presuming they are genuine fans) other than somewhere like ebay.

If they are selling for genuine reasons then that is not so bad in my eyes, the single ticket seller started his auction at £50. I only started this thread as a look how lucky us first time buyers were type thread and how others were willing to pay big money for the tickets.

Also as Baz said have they seen who is the support acts whilst bidding big money :? :grin:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

MULLY
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by MULLY » 20 Oct 2011, 14:05

theraven1979 wrote:I think everyone is well aware that there's only really a small percentage of fans registered on this forum. Maybe we'll get 2 new members soon :grin:

I also noticed they'd started the bidding at £50 AND there sometimes is a geniune reason you can't make a gig but you can contact the official site, Music Glue etc and say "can I put the tickets back in as I can't make it" or words to that effect. Putting them on Ebay is just looking for a profit IMO. Also, the Adam Ant gig (just a gig!!) I find a bit hard to swallow especially as the seller has indicated they're staying in London for the entire weekend.

Jim
Sword sparkle wrote:Maybe we are being a bit harsh on the sellers of these tickets after all not all Stranglers fans are aware of this site.

"digital tenderness" - his moniker gives the game away regarding being more an AntFan than a Stranglerite. Each to their own I say.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better

Mad Hatter
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Mad Hatter » 20 Oct 2011, 15:03

mantheylovetohate wrote:Important announcement: Convention tickets on eBay
It has come to our notice that some Convention tickets are being offered for sale on eBay and already have high bids on them. Due to Music Glue rules, any ticket that has been resold through a third party website, such as eBay, will not be valid for the event and entry will be refused without refund. This rule is designed to prevent any touting or profiteering. Please do not bid on any tickets offered on eBay, as exclusion from the Convention on the day could clearly cause upset/offence.

If anyone has spare tickets for the weekend, we have a waiting list of people who would like tickets and have already found homes for ten 'spares' so far. We are only able to find buyers at face value and will then arrange for the buyer & seller to contact each other to complete the transaction. Please email us via the SOS contact email for details...
http://www.stranglers.net/
A perfect response to anyone trying to make a profit from the fans. Nice one. :smt023

Big In Yorkshire
Down In The Sewer

Post by Big In Yorkshire » 21 Oct 2011, 12:21

Looks like the ebay listings have gone ! Hopefully now the "spare" tickets will now be resold through the waiting list.

Well done Owen.

steve m
SHAKESPEARO

Post by steve m » 22 Oct 2011, 13:28

gizzard wrote:12 bids on one and 10 bids on the other.

Begs the question why the fcuk didn't you get a ticket when they first went on sale :?:

:smt017
i tried to buy on the first day but the web crashed.tried 5 days later and they were sold out

"Fading Dutch Moon
Ugly
Ugly

Post by "Fading Dutch Moon » 08 Nov 2011, 23:22

mantheylovetohate wrote:If anyone has spare tickets for the weekend, we have a waiting list of people who would like tickets and have already found homes for ten 'spares' so far. We are only able to find buyers at face value and will then arrange for the buyer & seller to contact each other to complete the transaction. Please email us via the SOS contact email for details...http://www.stranglers.net/
I did email SOS today and will put it here too: conventionticket (2 people) for sale due to illness.

Bag Lady
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Bag Lady » 08 Nov 2011, 23:24

Oh, no, what a shame FDM

Get well soon, who ever's afflicted
No one can win against kipple.

mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mantheylovetohate » 08 Nov 2011, 23:40

[quote=""Fading Dutch Moon"]
mantheylovetohate wrote:If anyone has spare tickets for the weekend, we have a waiting list of people who would like tickets and have already found homes for ten 'spares' so far. We are only able to find buyers at face value and will then arrange for the buyer & seller to contact each other to complete the transaction. Please email us via the SOS contact email for details...http://www.stranglers.net/
I did email SOS today and will put it here too: conventionticket (2 people) for sale due to illness.[/quote]
And I will be in touch about it FDM
Did someone say "Wonky"?

"Fading Dutch Moon
Ugly
Ugly

Post by "Fading Dutch Moon » 10 Nov 2011, 11:13

[quote=""Fading Dutch Moon"]
I did email SOS today and will put it here too: conventionticket (2 people) for sale due to illness.[/quote]
Sold

mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mantheylovetohate » 10 Nov 2011, 21:49

[quote=""Fading Dutch Moon"][quote=""Fading Dutch Moon"]
Sold[/quote]
That's alright Ineke- don't mention it!!! Oh, you didn't... :roll:
Did someone say "Wonky"?