Hugh @ Manchester

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

Should be venturing South for this, and Preston. Any advice on parking near the venue would be appreciated. Hopefully I'll bump into one or two of you there... 8)
richinblack
Rats Rally

manchester parking

Post by richinblack »

oop, hit the wrong button and posted this as a new topic by mishtake...

try parking on Denmark Rd - it's next to Whitworth Art Gallery and just off Oxford Rd (where the Academy 3 is). It's a bit crowded but if you get there around 8ish, you should get a space. This will leave you with a 5 minute walk up Oxford Rd (in the direction of Manchester city centre) to the venue. Once parked, you have to walk past the normal Academy to the Student's Union, which is a big grey building on your left, with lots of steps & smelly students around the entrance. Parking in M'cr on single yellow lines is free after 6pm.
Ian9331
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Ian9331 »

Manchester Academy is part of the University Complex, at the front, on Oxford Road. If I was you, I'd park on one of the roads opposite. Maybe near 'Jabez Cleggs' - a reasonably good watering hole usually frequented by quite a few fans - including myself! Or as Richinblack says.
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to my trip abroad. :wink: :lol:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

So why am I on here when I should be at the gig? Well I set off from Bedford at 4.30pm and I've just got back to Leeds - fuckity fuck fuck!!! Despite my best efforts of seriously screwing the lovely 1.8 06 plate Astra rental car I hit about 80% of standing traffic all up the M1 so I had to admit defeat on this one. Really pissed off and gutted but not a lot I could have done about this one. Will make up for it tomorrow!

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Aye missed Hugh too.
Got to see The Stranglers in Leeds though.
Didn't you miss that too?

Me & my mate set off to see JJ a few years ago in Liverpool but we hit bad traffic too in Manchester and had to turn back.
Fuckety Fuck.