FOR ALL STRANGLERS FANS IN SCOTLAND

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Please tell me what it means. I've tried to work it out all day.

Actually, I don't like the sound of that now, "I've tried to work it out all day". :shock:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Well I've searched the urban dictionary and have found definitions for everything from "Arse Haddock" to "Arse Muncher" but no show on the buttons front I'm afraid. Ice Queen we are at your lexicographic mercy! :? :?
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

In related news- I've got a mate in London who after a night on the piss always complains the next day of having, "An arse like a clown's pocket."
I've never been able to work that one out, what- full of rubber chickens and balloons?
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Yes. Nothing would be able to fall "up" out of the clown's pocket.

Hmmm.

Arse and buttons.

Like Ravenlunatic said, an insight into what this means would be appreciated because I am only imagining large bursts of gas/air going through four tiny holes; the gas/air induced by anticipation, excitement or nerves.

:?
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
bry
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: All Stranglers Fans In Scotland

Post by bry »

The Strangler wrote:
MULLY wrote:
PaulinLondon wrote: :shock:
Cadbury's will be surprised!! :grin: :grin:
Nestle have just announced 645 job losses - to much competition in the market by the looks of it :?
no!!! they are just moving a lot of production abroad and selling the mighty fine victorian buildings that mr rowntree had built for wads and wads and wads of cash!!!

funny how all these foriegn companies come into the uk buy up business cheapo and then flog off the places and fuck off abroad with massive profits and the last 2 governments allow it!!! and we still let 1000's of immigrants in who have nothing special to offer!! rant over
like a meteor, like to meet you!
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

ravenlunatic wrote:
PaulinLondon wrote:
Ice Queen wrote:and my arse is making buttons now
:shock:
An interesting colloquialism, and not one with which I am familiar! :?
Weeks have passed and we still don't know! I find myself lying awake in the early hours trying to find an answer, does anybody have a solution to this puzzle? :?
Preacher man
Rats Rally

Post by Preacher man »

did i read it on ere or some wehre else , about them new lesbian beds.

instead of being fixed together by nuts and bolts - lesbian beds are all tongue and groove

Aplogies if i have offended anyone

Closing....................
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

Ice Queen wrote:Hi

I am really looking forward to seeing them on Saturday at the ABC now cos i was a bit reluctant after hearing the album and with Paul leaving.

Ice Queen wrote: Well, i've got the babysitter sorted for the 4 kids and my arse is making buttons now to get there on Saturday. I'll let everyone know how it goes. :wink:
Buttons? :grin:
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Ahem, ...........may I point out the last post in the following thread:www.thestranglerssite.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8277
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

ravenlunatic wrote:
PaulinLondon wrote:
Ice Queen wrote:and my arse is making buttons now
:shock:
An interesting colloquialism, and not one with which I am familiar! :?
In Wales it means that you are scared about something that's about to happen, like standing outside the headmaster's office for example.
"I'll stick a broom up my arse and sweep the floor at the same time" is another arse colloquialism around here.
How deep?
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Niki Wu wrote:
In Wales it means that you are scared about something that's about to happen, like standing outside the headmaster's office for example.
"I'll stick a broom up my arse and sweep the floor at the same time" is another arse colloquialism around here.
Yeah I'd get scared if I thought someone was going to stick a broom up my arse whilst waiting for the Headmaster.
Mind you, some people would pay good money for such an experience,and good luck to them I say, but its really not something that I feel I could get into.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

ravenlunatic wrote:
Niki Wu wrote:
Yeah I'd get scared if I thought someone was going to stick a broom up my arse whilst waiting for the Headmaster.
Mind you, some people would pay good money for such an experience,and good luck to them I say, but its really not something that I feel I could get into.
I agree