Pubs/beer.

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Halifax Linda
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Pubs/beer.

Post by Halifax Linda »

So is anyone venturing out to the pub (any pub)
On Saturday night?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Pubs/beer.

Post by theraven1979 »

No

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
zamaguire
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by zamaguire »

No, Friday night.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

No, they wont be open yet.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
dronecatcher
Rats Rally

Post by dronecatcher »

No. I have heavily medicated resistant hypertension so it's not in my interests to contract CV19 and any form of social distancing is going to collapse in a packed boozer on a Saturday night - an atmosphere perfect for droplet inhalation and transmission.
Doing this, the government might as well call off the lockdown.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Good for the economy though. :shock:

Jim
dronecatcher wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 12:08 No. I have heavily medicated resistant hypertension so it's not in my interests to contract CV19 and any form of social distancing is going to collapse in a packed boozer on a Saturday night - an atmosphere perfect for droplet inhalation and transmission.
dronecatcher
Rats Rally

Post by dronecatcher »

theraven1979 wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 12:52 Good for the economy though. :shock:

Jim
Indeed it is but not the best initiative that could've been employed to keep the economy alive.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I went to the pub on Saturday night, and on Sunday lunchtime for lunch with parents, and on Sunday evening. The lunchtime one was the quietest - I really wonder how they can survive if it continues as quietly as it was on Sunday, but perhaps that's just because it was the first weekend and people will be reticent. This pub has been doing takeaway Sunday lunch during lock-down, and it was good to get back there.

As for the evening trips, they were pretty quiet. That's not to say that it hadn't been busy earlier in the day - one publican last night said it had been very busy during the day. I don't get to the pub until about 10pm, so much of it has settled down by then and people who've been out during the afternoon had mainly gone home.

The first pub I went in on Saturday was actually one of the ones I went in on the final night. I gave them my phone number, ordered a beer and paid for it, went and sat at one of several empty tables, and all was fine. They had one door for in and another for out, which wasn't really being adhered to, but I suspect the "no exit" really applied when people were waiting to come in, which had stopped by this point. The pub last night was again quite empty (it is usually virtually empty by 10pm on Sunday) and I went in, hand sanitiser on the bar, ordered a beer, sat down, all was fine.

I'm trying to balance out keeping careful with trying to get back to some semblance of normal, and also to try to help (in a very small way) to keep the pubs going. One pub in the local town was shown on FB with a big queue outside, and was apparently busy inside - it's one I would normally use on a Sunday, but I gave it a miss last night.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I might pop into my local for one tomorrow evening. Heard good reports about how they're organising it.

Jim
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

dronecatcher wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 12:08 No. I have heavily medicated resistant hypertension so it's not in my interests to contract CV19 and any form of social distancing is going to collapse in a packed boozer on a Saturday night - an atmosphere perfect for droplet inhalation and transmission.
Yep I’m at high risk too so no chance and not that desperate to visit the boozer just yet anyway.
Has anyone seen the pics of people out boozing on the streets of London’s Soho area on Saturday night?
No social distancing in place whatsoever and Police having to more or less squeeze through the crowds.

Also expect all the Hospitals A&E departments to be packed again at weekends cos they’ll be plenty of fighting going on, lotsa built up tension to be released by Fucktards.
:roll:
porkymeat
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by porkymeat »

How do they 'organise' the urinals?
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Like everything else I guess - queuing to get in and spaced apart.

Jim
porkymeat wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 21:03 How do they 'organise' the urinals?