Blackburn Pubs

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

ShavenRaven
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Blackburn Pubs

Post by ShavenRaven »

Unfortunately recent years has seen the decline of our nightlife here in Blackburn and many of the (once decent) pubs have closed down, especially around King Georges Hall area. However! Gig goers don't despair - there are still one or two very close to the venue. Blackburn Times, directly across from KGH - a very cheap sports bar. Last time I was in they were charging around £7.50 for a 4 pint jug of Fosters (decent value compared to my local @ £3.30 a pint) and open til Midnight.
Then there's Molloys, just around the corner - a typical gastro type pub with half decent food and the usual 2-for a few quid meals. Thursday nights they are open til 1am with open mic night for local bands so expect more live music post-gig along with a couple of real ales usually on tap. No food after 8pm here but there's the usual pizza/kebab shops open til late.

Anyone looking to attend at last minute, a friend of mine can't attend due to illness so I may be able to get 2 tickets at less than face value.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Blackburn Pubs

Post by Bag Lady »

This is the sort of service that used to be available all the time on this forum, sadly now in decline. I'm off to Worthing tomorrow and no one has organised anything. Recommendations for ice cream shops anyone?
No one can win against kipple.
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by elvisintheclouds »

ShavenRaven wrote:Unfortunately recent years has seen the decline of our nightlife here in Blackburn and many of the (once decent) pubs have closed down, especially around King Georges Hall area. However! Gig goers don't despair - there are still one or two very close to the venue. Blackburn Times, directly across from KGH - a very cheap sports bar. Last time I was in they were charging around £7.50 for a 4 pint jug of Fosters (decent value compared to my local @ £3.30 a pint) and open til Midnight.
Then there's Molloys, just around the corner - a typical gastro type pub with half decent food and the usual 2-for a few quid meals. Thursday nights they are open til 1am with open mic night for local bands so expect more live music post-gig along with a couple of real ales usually on tap. No food after 8pm here but there's the usual pizza/kebab shops open til late.

Anyone looking to attend at last minute, a friend of mine can't attend due to illness so I may be able to get 2 tickets at less than face value.
Top Info, thanks 8)
Thank you very much
EiTC
Russ65
Rats Rally

Post by Russ65 »

There's also the Jubilee across the road. A little rough and ready but usually accommodates gig goers with the style of music appropriate to the gig on the night.
Stevie.T-'up north'
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Stevie.T-'up north' »

Russ65 wrote:There's also the Jubilee across the road. A little rough and ready but usually accommodates gig goers with the style of music appropriate to the gig on the night.
I have an ex from Blackburn who you've described spot on there. A little rough and ready but usually accommodates gig goers.
Sweat and shite and blood!
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

ShavenRaven wrote:Unfortunately recent years has seen the decline of our nightlife here in Blackburn and many of the (once decent) pubs have closed down, especially around King Georges Hall area. However! Gig goers don't despair - there are still one or two very close to the venue. Blackburn Times, directly across from KGH - a very cheap sports bar. Last time I was in they were charging around £7.50 for a 4 pint jug of Fosters (decent value compared to my local @ £3.30 a pint) and open til Midnight.

Thanks ShavenRaven. Sounds like Blackburn Times is the venue of choice then, at least pre- gig.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
ShavenRaven
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by ShavenRaven »

Russ65 wrote:There's also the Jubilee across the road. A little rough and ready but usually accommodates gig goers with the style of music appropriate to the gig on the night.
The 'troubled' Jubilee closed and reopened as an Irish pub a few years ago. A little rough and ready is an understatement - mass brawls, hard drugs and firearms were reported. The new look Corrigan's failed to make an impression so Thwaites' have renamed it yet again .. back to The Jubilee!! Not sure how well it's doing - I do miss the original 'Jube' from my college days, best pub in town once over.