No Croydon gig this year?

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

No Croydon gig this year?

Post by pigeon »

Why arent the band going back to Croydon to finish the tour off like they did last year? It wws such an excellent gig and seeing the band live in that smaller place made it feel very intermet. They should go back there
Perfect place to end the ruby tour
Ionawr
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: No Croydon gig this year?

Post by Ionawr »

It was a bit of an afterthought last year, wasn't it? I seem to remember that it was tacked on to the end of the tour quite late in the day. I agree, though, it was a good gig. Much better that I expected, given the venue.
Clare
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

I'm pleased about it. Was extremely pissed off to have bagged a front row seat and wasn't able to sit in it as would have seen fuck all with all the people standing in front of the stage. Seated venues like that with this type of band are a BAD idea.
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
Ionawr
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Ionawr »

Ravenette wrote:I'm pleased about it. Was extremely pissed off to have bagged a front row seat and wasn't able to sit in it as would have seen fuck all with all the people standing in front of the stage. Seated venues like that with this type of band are a BAD idea.

Should have got a box, Ravenette. No extra charge for seats in them. The four of us had a brilliant view and we could do what we liked without pissing off anyone behind us. Actually, you could have joined us, as a fifth seat got booked but not used. Maybe whoever bought it took one look at us and thought better of it.
Clare
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

The band booked the date because of how well the roundhouse sold out so quickly. So they added the date at the fairfield halls at the end becaus it holds more than the roundhouse around 150 more people roundhouse is 1.7 thousand croydon is 1.800 thousand
dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro »

I guess that's why they have booked the Hammersmith Apollo this year, that venue will handle the London demand in one night.
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"
Damian
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Damian »

The roundhouse holds 3,000 standing or 1,700 seated
Retrocanary
Down In The Sewer

Post by Retrocanary »

I've only been to a small handful of Stranglers gig, but Croydon was my favourite. Great sound, great atmosphere, more intimate feel than Roundhouse. On a personal note, I live 3 miles away and work in Croydon so have a season ticket for Fairfield car park, but I'm sure I can't be the only one in this neck of the wood that wish more bands like The Stranglers would come this way more often.