Stranglers @ Hammersmith Apollo, 8th March 2014.

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Re: Stranglers @ Hammersmith Apollo, 8th March 2014.

Post by Boody »

My pleasure Ravenette. Went home pissed and happy - got enough cash for a few more sherries at Nottingham tomorrow night. Any other takers? Is there a default pre-Rock City drinking venue?

File under "kids of today" - some poor chap in his late teens/early twenties standing next to me looked entirely bewildered as he was shunted back and forth, while sporting rather fetching blue earbuds. Poor delicate flower.

Were they even better than usual last night? It's the first time I've heard Summat Outa Nowt live - worth the price of the ticket alone to my mind.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Boody wrote:My pleasure Ravenette. Went home pissed and happy - got enough cash for a few more sherries at Nottingham tomorrow night. Any other takers? Is there a default pre-Rock City drinking venue?

File under "kids of today" - some poor chap in his late teens/early twenties standing next to me looked entirely bewildered as he was shunted back and forth, while sporting rather fetching blue earbuds. Poor delicate flower.

Were they even better than usual last night? It's the first time I've heard Summat Outa Nowt live - worth the price of the ticket alone to my mind.
He must be a newbie to stranglers gigs then.
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

And for those of you who missed the sparklers outside the Duke of Cornwall, I still have third degree burns on my finger for lighting one of the feckers! Oh and you can't write The Stranglers with one apparently!
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by elvisintheclouds »

Ravenette wrote:And for those of you who missed the sparklers outside the Duke of Cornwall, I still have third degree burns on my finger for lighting one of the feckers! Oh and you can't write The Stranglers with one apparently!
Missed that, Ravenette, maybe save a few for Manchester 8)
Thank you very much
EiTC
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Ravenette wrote:And for those of you who missed the sparklers outside the Duke of Cornwall, I still have third degree burns on my finger for lighting one of the feckers! Oh and you can't write The Stranglers with one apparently!
I thought you had started on the cocktails :-)
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.