A plea - swap Roundhouse standing for seated tickets

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

A plea - swap Roundhouse standing for seated tickets

Post by Ravenette »

I am posting this on behalf of a friend Toby Harris. Some of you will have seen it already on FB. I said I would post on here too. If anyone is able to help out, please PM me with your details and I will pass them onto Toby.
Thanks
:smile:

I have two standing tickets for the ROUNDHOUSE GIG; for myself and my ten-year-old son's birthday present. He's wanted to see the band for four years and only now been allowed by mum. The "Gigs & Tours" Website said "Under 14s must be accompanied by an adult", which all looked fine. The Roundhouse are now saying to me that this is only applicable for the seating area, and they would not let an under 14 into the standing area. And (because all tickets are now sold) they cannot exchange either.
With train tickets (and expensive London hotel) already booked and paid for too, this is turning into a disaster. Not to mention the lad who is really looking forward to the gig, knows and loves all the music and is going to be really upset.

DOES ANYONE HAVE TWO SEATING AREA TICKETS (for the Roundhouse gig) that they would be prepared to swap for the standing area ??? Please help !!! Happy to meet/exchane at The Hawley Arms on the day, and buy a beer for whichever kind-hearted fan-in-black will help us.

Toby
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: A plea - swap Roundhouse standing for seated tickets

Post by Dom P »

Did the venue tell you on the phone they wouldn't let him in?
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

Roundhouse have said there is nothing they can do - so guess it would be refused entry.
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

But did they say, "we won't let your son in" I mean, my 10 year old could pass for 14... I'd just go right in ...
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

From what I can gather from Toby (it's his son) they have said no admittance, so I'm guessing the staff wouldn't let him through. I don't know if he looks a young ten or not though. I think he'd rather be on the safe side than take a chance and possibly end up having a very disappointing evening.
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Put a cap on your sons head march up to the door and just walk in.
If security say anything say he is 14.
Security have no interest in stopping you and a child from going in and standing.
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

mickinblack wrote:Put a cap on your sons head march up to the door and just walk in.
If security say anything say he is 14.
Security have no interest in stopping you and a child from going in and standing.
Agreed, they don't give a damn... it's just official health and safety policy... but the reality is as stated above.... go for it.
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

Sorted. Thank you very much to a kind forum member for helping out (I won't name you in case you wish to remain anonymous! You know who you are). :grin:
Turkey Troter
Rats Rally

Post by Turkey Troter »

That's good to hear. :smt006
Can't you see can't you see that you're rocking the boat?