Flourence

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Flourence

Post by aldinblack »

Well the gig just finished, so I'm back up in the little restaurant waiting for my cab. But I don't think I can go to sleep tonight, until I tell somebody what an amazing night it was - absolutely fcuking brilliant !

The band on top form tonight, last night in florence was good, but tonight much better.

JJ was much happier and in a mood to entertain, and that he did for sure ! There were more kicks & jumps than I've seen for some time, and he interacted with the crowd throughout. The bass was high in the mix but tight as arsholes and sounded awesome !

Back in the set were Giants & Relentless, no Toulouse this time and still no raven, otherwise the same as last night including the encore.

But the sound was better and the overall performance much tighter too -

Highlights - all brilliant but I missed giants last night, so that was one of them.

The locals were loving it, with even a mini mosh developing - bless em !
I met a couple of Italians that I'd met in the last Milan gig in 2007, and got chatting to several other local fans.

Stranglers please - you need to come to Italy more often - the locals here love you !

Baz just came out, & I told him what I thought,

Buona Notte.
I Hate You !
Sword sparkle
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Flourence

Post by Sword sparkle »

Thanks for the review Ald. Glad you had a good night.
Yarp.
When I say ugly I don't mean rough looking I mean hideoussssss
rattusrattus
Rats Rally

Post by rattusrattus »

Sounds good Aldo, see you in Prague !
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

I had a great day in Italy, i'll have more time to post my review tonight but it was a blast with Sid and Aldinblack after the gig, a brief review of the gig it was in the middle of nowhere, i liked the bootleg tshirts outside the venue. It was a slightly different set to the UK set with Goodbye Toulouse replacing The Raven, which was a good choice, the gig really started to get going from Mercury rising onwards, Burning up time and Time to die were ear splitting loud & the bass on Lost Control did make everyones balls move,the crowd was a bit of a dissapointment no fewer than 500 in the auidence at the gig but still i will have more time to do my full review when i get in from work.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Flourence

Post by aldinblack »

Coming out of last night's gig has really made me think of something that I hadn't really considered before now, shoot me down if you want but:

I believe that Jet should hand over to Ian now.

Ian was awesome last night, and really went for it big time especially during Relentless & Tank - a brief wave to the audience, who were loving it, and off he went. The band's performance was so tight, fast, and powerful throughout.

No disrespect to Jet, but with his recent health issues why wait until something more serious happens ?

Surely it would be better for him to hand over to Ian, and then just make the occasional appearance, play a few songs here and there perhaps - especially on any acoustic tour (of which there may be one soon) - whilst obviously still inputting & performing on any new studio material.

Whilst I admire the great man's determination, I fear that he may be asking to much of himself now..
I Hate You !
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

pigeon wrote:I had a great day in Italy, i'll have more time to post my review tonight but it was a blast with Sid and Aldinblack after the gig, a brief review of the gig it was in the middle of nowhere, i liked the bootleg tshirts outside the venue. It was a slightly different set to the UK set with Goodbye Toulouse replacing The Raven, which was a good choice, the gig really started to get going from Mercury rising onwards, Burning up time and Time to die were ear splitting loud & the bass on Lost Control did make everyones balls move,the crowd was a bit of a dissapointment no fewer than 500 in the auidence at the gig but still i will have more time to do my full review when i get in from work.
Fuck work Cuz, where's all your Punk n Roll spirit gone? we all NEED your review, in your own inimitable style... NOW... Forum members are WAITING!
cheers
Unc B.
Something better change!
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Burn e 77 wrote:
pigeon wrote:I had a great day in Italy, i'll have more time to post my review tonight but it was a blast with Sid and Aldinblack after the gig, a brief review of the gig it was in the middle of nowhere, i liked the bootleg tshirts outside the venue. It was a slightly different set to the UK set with Goodbye Toulouse replacing The Raven, which was a good choice, the gig really started to get going from Mercury rising onwards, Burning up time and Time to die were ear splitting loud & the bass on Lost Control did make everyones balls move,the crowd was a bit of a dissapointment no fewer than 500 in the auidence at the gig but still i will have more time to do my full review when i get in from work.
Fuck work Cuz, where's all your Punk n Roll spirit gone? we all NEED your review, in your own inimitable style... NOW... Forum members are WAITING!
cheers
Unc B.
Agreed :grin: :grin:
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Flourence

Post by aldinblack »

Burn e 77 wrote:
cheers
Unc B.
His spelling has improved since he came to Italy, & so has his Italian - come on Pidge let's have some of your bellissimo style !
I Hate You !
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Cio

The Day started off with a 3am wake up call,with a lift to Stanstead airport, i know the drill with stanstead airport now i use it for all my Stranglers flights. The morning of any flight to a european country specially to a new country like Italy is quite daunting,venturing into the unknown, but it's all worth it when you no you will be seeing The Stranglers play live at the end of all of it. I decided to wear my wonky bus one tshirt, and i get the usual at check in "Oh i diddn't know they were still going & your a bit young aren't you?" from a female steward in her mid 40s and "Do they still release albums?" i told her about Giants and she made it her first priorty to buy it when she finished her shift.

So we board the flight, i get talking to the people next to me on the plane,this bloke was on the plane to rome to visit his girlfriend for a week so he says THE STRANGLERS??,i saw them in Cambridge last year of which i was at the Oxford gig the day before he said "I couldn't believe they played Golden Brown!!!", then the girl next to me said Stranglers are in italy?? Do they play Golden brown at their shows?, so i was sitting next to two people in casual clothing saying thats the only song they want to see them play, and me all dressed in black with Docs whos bored fecking shitless of Golden fecking Brown!!, i asked the bloke what he thought of "Barocque boredello" at the gig last year, and he said he diddn't know it. How hard is it to listen to a full album and not just a greatest hits one??.

Fairly routine flight we diddn't crash or anything, land in Italy, get a terrovision bus (i thought they were a band) to Termini to meet Sid. The day starts we go to sids hotel to dump his bags and off we go to a Roman bar, with a decent dukebox,a few songs in and Golden brown is played. Which makes me think how well known is this song worldwide?? and why not Toiler on the sea?, The Raven?, how to find true love and happiness in the present day??. Have a couple of pints with sid,and he has to go off to meet someone so i hop on the train to Florence. Find my hotel with ease sigh of relife,two minutes away from the trainstation,and i got the 2nd to last room in the area that night,always a relief to reach your destination,sid is still on the motorway,so i dose off for a good hour,wake up an hour later, and i am really not in the mood to walk out the door to go to a gig, i am exahausted all i want to do is sleep all evening,soon snap myself out of it,splash my face with some cold water always wakes me up plus the thought of seeing The Stranglers in a few hours time gives you an extra adrenelin rush.

Text Aldo to tell him i have arrived,and to see him later. i am hungry and thrusday, MCDONALDS!! yes and plently of ice cold water baught,BUT WHERE WAS THE MCDONALDS MNOPOLY STICKERS??? in europe they dont do it, left me feeling well out of place. Meet sid again and off we hop on a train to La Piagge, 15 minutes away from Florence!!. My first impressions,What the hell is this place?? no streetlights whatsoever,and a series of coucil looking flats, and large helicopters circling above you, it was mad. Get to the venue and it looks like a mudhut. This gig has recieved the most minimal of attention, i'm not suprised, any way as im buying my Billietto "Waltzinblack" has just come on grabbed my ticket legged it straight down the front.

"5 minutes" starts the set more a better choice of a set opener than "Burning up time" in my opinion,followed by "Goodbye toulouse" Yes! "The Raven" has been dropped for this tour "Sometimes" and "Lowlands", oh "Hey,rise of the robots" baz's guitar soloing is immence, the highlight of the first half was "Hanging around" & "Unbroken" in were i swear Baz nodded at me! i don't know how he knows me as ive never really spoken to the guy, not to sure how the new material is being recieved. The gig plods along & we get to "Mercury rising" the gig swiftly changes it becomes a lot more faster and engergetic "Burning up time", "Time to Die", & "Lost Control" bloody hell it was like a wave of pure energy and adrenerlin hitting you in the face at full pelt it just doesnt get any better than this, the bass in the middle of "Lost Control" thud, thud, thud, "Walk on buy", "Something better change", No more heroes", "Peaches", & "Shut up" yes!!! the engergy of the gig is turning into a classic MK4 gig almost into the reaches of Leuven 2010 but with that set i dont think it will get to that high.

It is time for the encores, "Duchess", "All day" etc, etc & finally "Tank" ian comes into his own here,he is doing Jet a good service thank you to the guy for stepping in and taking to the challenge & deserves some credit. Another gig is over, all my tiredness has left me, and i am on a massive high. Met aldo and it was a blast for the rest of the evening,what a great way to spend your day off,can't wait to do it all again next week.

Cho
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Nice one Pidge

:lol:
Claireinblack
kent
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth