Flourence

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Flourence

Post by Burn e 77 »

Cracking review Cuz ... It's a total bummer for the traveller abroad, when they become *Hungry and Thrusday*... but you survived all the hardships!
cheers
Unc 77
Something better change!
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

aldinblack wrote:Coming out of last night's gig has really made me think of something that I hadn't really considered before now, shoot me down if you want but:

I believe that Jet should hand over to Ian now.

Ian was awesome last night, and really went for it big time especially during Relentless & Tank - a brief wave to the audience, who were loving it, and off he went. The band's performance was so tight, fast, and powerful throughout.

No disrespect to Jet, but with his recent health issues why wait until something more serious happens ?

Surely it would be better for him to hand over to Ian, and then just make the occasional appearance, play a few songs here and there perhaps - especially on any acoustic tour (of which there may be one soon) - whilst obviously still inputting & performing on any new studio material.

Whilst I admire the great man's determination, I fear that he may be asking to much of himself now..
:smt013 :smt013 :smt013 ...JET IS THE STRANGLERS, and he has stated in very recent interviews his desire to carry on to the end (Good news...a man with great spirit!)... Your post IS distrespectfull to the great man, and to a lot of the bands supporters... for fucks sake... talk about kicking a man when he's down. (Get Well Soon Mr Black)
Burn e 77
Something better change!
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Flourence

Post by aldinblack »

Burn e 77 wrote:
aldinblack wrote:Coming out of last night's gig has really made me think of something that I hadn't really considered before now, shoot me down if you want but:

I believe that Jet should hand over to Ian now.

Ian was awesome last night, and really went for it big time especially during Relentless & Tank - a brief wave to the audience, who were loving it, and off he went. The band's performance was so tight, fast, and powerful throughout.

No disrespect to Jet, but with his recent health issues why wait until something more serious happens ?

Surely it would be better for him to hand over to Ian, and then just make the occasional appearance, play a few songs here and there perhaps - especially on any acoustic tour (of which there may be one soon) - whilst obviously still inputting & performing on any new studio material.

Whilst I admire the great man's determination, I fear that he may be asking to much of himself now..
:smt013 :smt013 :smt013 ...JET IS THE STRANGLERS, and he has stated in very recent interviews his desire to carry on to the end (Good news...a man with great spirit!)... Your post IS distrespectfull to the great man, and to a lot of the bands supporters... for fucks sake... talk about kicking a man when he's down. (Get Well Soon Mr Black)
Burn e 77
Sorry mate, but I would just prefer to see a gradual withdrawal and handover, rather than the "big bang" one you describe.

Actually if I think about, it's already started hasn't it ?

And I'm certainly not trying to kick anybody, whether their down or not.
I Hate You !
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yes I have to say It is kicking a man when he is down.Ian is a fantastic drummer.But Jet is the maestro.He will be back,that is what he does,its in his blood.Of course I would rather Jet retire If it was going to be detrimental to his long term health.But as long as Jet can still drum,we all hope he will return to his drum stool,when he is fully recovered.Ian is doing a fantastic job,but I prefer Jet of course as he has a unique style and he is the backbone of the band.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Flourence

Post by aldinblack »

Yeah ok, everyone has their opinions and that's fair enough. I certainly wasn't intending to kick Jet, and I apologise if it came across that way.

I love the guy- he is the stranglers personified IMO - and I want the best for him.

And so my opinion stands. I'd rather that he hand over in a controlled fashion, instead of risking his health further.

Of course it's up to him, and I'll respect whatever he decides to do.
I Hate You !
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

I agree with you adinblack, I love Jet, but I would hate to see him I'll again during a tour as although Ian is great its just not the same without Jet at the gigs.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Hi yes.I am sure you were not meant to insult Jet.I am sure Jet wouldn't have a problem with Ian taking over pemanently on a live basis.And I read he would be happy to If he couldn't do it anymore.The problem would be you would only have 2 original members (could it still be called the Stranglers)?.Nothing lasts forever.I did ask Ian about 4 years ago if he would want to take over from Jet full time If Jet wasn't up to playing anymore.And he said no,as he was just a replacement.As much as I love Jet (in the musical sense).I have to say Ian is a fantastic drummer.He played his heart out in Lille earlier in April.But hopefully Jet will be back,but I think the days of 20 date tours must be in doubt.Maybe shorter tours will have to be the way forward (in Britain) as Jet doesn't tour abroad anymore.I just hope the band continue for a few more years.But the giants album will be hard to top.I would love to see them do a small british tour playing the whole of Giants and maybe the Raven to.Just an idea.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

as previously mentioned, I couldn't beleive my luck when I walked up to the hotel chekin desk in florence and saw DaveG sitting there, then realised that the strangs were staying there too ! So here's a few pics:

me and Dave:
me & Dave
me & Dave
DSCN1424.jpg (80.23 KiB) Viewed 3996 times
me, Dave, and Andy (his driver etc):
me, Dave, and Andy (his driver etc)
me, Dave, and Andy (his driver etc)
DSCN1428.jpg (88.83 KiB) Viewed 3996 times
me and Baz:
me and Baz
me and Baz
DSCN1430.jpg (83.11 KiB) Viewed 3996 times
a few more to follow...but I can't work out how to do it properyly on one post.... :?
I Hate You !
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

here's a couple more..
me and JJ
me and JJ
DSCN1431.jpg (82.83 KiB) Viewed 3996 times
Baz & Andy
Baz & Andy
DSCN1432.jpg (91.88 KiB) Viewed 3996 times

and now the real stars:
Sid, Pidge, and Sid's mate from Rome..
Sid, Pidge, and Sid's mate from Rome..
DSCN1483.jpg (84.7 KiB) Viewed 3996 times
I Hate You !
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Great photos al!.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

pigeon wrote:Great photos al!.
Secunded. 8)
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
NMH1965
Ugly
Ugly

Post by NMH1965 »

Claireinblack wrote:Nice one Pidge

:lol:
Seconded :!:

:?
The day is sticky yellow!!