Flourence

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Flourence

Post by Burn e 77 »

50millionwatches wrote:Looking forward immensely to Pidge asking for train tickets to Flourence.
If he cant pronounce Florence - wait til he finds out its neither - just Firenze... :smt005 :smt005
Isn't "Fur-Ends" in Rume? :lol:
Burn e 77
Something better change!
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Well all is set and im ready to go. Think this will be the longest trip i've ever undertaken so if it's a succsess i'll be pleased. Looks like an easy enough Journey a bus goes straight from the airport to the station and the journey from Rome to Florence is an hour and 37 minutes, my hotels 200 yards from the Santa Maria Novella Station.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Have a good un mate.
50millionwatches
Ugly
Ugly

Post by 50millionwatches »

Just woke up with the most thumping headache. Dont know how this happened, but going to the gig with the Carabinieri!! Free lift from Rome to Florence - result!! 8)
Gottle o Geer, Gottle o Geer!!
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

50millionwatches wrote:Just woke up with the most thumping headache. Dont know how this happened, but going to the gig with the Carabinieri!! Free lift from Rome to Florence - result!! 8)
The funny thing is... i occasionally wake up in the morning with a thumping headache, a tongue like sandpaper, eyes all red watery and glazed, sickness in the gut, wobbly legs and all sounds, appear much louder and annoying... my girlfriend reckons it only manifests itself after a night out with the lads on the lash... but i knows it's an allergic reaction to the pubs pork scratchings... blimey, i'm lucky i have 15 pints of Stella to kill off any germs in my gut, from those yeasty piggy scraps! :lol:
cheers
Burn e 77
PS. You and Pidge enjoy yourselves.
Something better change!
Pam
Rats Rally

Post by Pam »

50millionwatches wrote:Just woke up with the most thumping headache. Dont know how this happened, but going to the gig with the Carabinieri!! Free lift from Rome to Florence - result!! 8)
One of those posts that raises more questions than it answers :smile:

Have fun :smt006
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Flourence

Post by aldinblack »

quick update from me, don't mean to gloat but....(I gotta tell someone..)

I had a few beers with Dave G last night at the hotel bar, and met JJ & Baz too, and some of the technicians / crew. Congratulated them on the new album, took a few pics (will post later..) - so my little tour has got off to a great start :-)

Sight seeing now & looking forward to the gig tonight, and hopefully will hook up with Sid & Pidge a bit later..
I Hate You !
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Flourence

Post by aldinblack »

Just back to my hotel room, after a couple of post gig drinks with Pidge & Sid (+ his m8 from Rome, Riccardo I think...)
- really great to have a good catch up with those guys at last !

Interesting little venue in the middle of nowhere, there were only about 40 people in there watching Mike Marlin, but just in time for waltzinblack at 9.30 there were maybe 250ish I think.

Set pretty much as per usual, kickin off with 5 minutes, & including Toulouse and SBC & ATS. Highlights for me were Mercury Rising & TTD, which was the first song on the single encore, along with ADAAOTN & Tank. Only 3 from Giants - no title track tonight. No Raven either.

Performance and sound good, if not the best - started just a little bit tense I thought and seemed to take 2-3 songs to "settle" - JJ particularly didn't seem too happy to start with although he played well enough throughout.

It all improved as it went along and the locals were enjoying themselves, I met a number of other Brits there too and generally it seemed to me that all the songs were well received.

Don't know of anyone else from Britain going to the Milan gig tomorrow night - that'll be interesting as well as its not really Milan but a small town about 20kms north east of Milan.

Goodnight.
I Hate You !
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Nice little review there... thanks "aldinblack*... shame they dropped RAVEN... enjoy the gig in Milan fella!
cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
derby62
Rats Rally

Post by derby62 »

Thanx for the review mate--just waiting for Pidge's now...... :grin:
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

aldinblack wrote:quick update from me, don't mean to gloat but....(I gotta tell someone..)

I had a few beers with Dave G last night at the hotel bar, and met JJ & Baz too, and some of the technicians / crew. Congratulated them on the new album, took a few pics (will post later..) - so my little tour has got off to a great start :-)

Sight seeing now & looking forward to the gig tonight, and hopefully will hook up with Sid & Pidge a bit later..
Jelous, but glad you had a good un.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Flourence

Post by aldinblack »

Burn e 77 wrote:Nice little review there... thanks "aldinblack*... shame they dropped RAVEN... enjoy the gig in Milan fella!
cheers
Burn e 77
It's gonna be a good night tonight, great little venue in Trezzo (small town north of Milan)

I'm sitting in the little restaurant they have upstairs - eating tagliatelle, overlooking the main floor. Nice buz about the place, locals eating over a few drinks, jaz music playin, Marlin not on yet, it feels good so far..
I Hate You !