Paris gig etc

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

mctownie
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1995
Joined: 13 Jan 2004, 23:30

Paris gig etc

Post by mctownie » 30 Mar 2012, 11:36

Anybody going to Paris on Friday 13th?? What a great day to see the band what could possibly go wrong.....

I'm probably going over with Junior McTownie - anybody been before to the Olympia???

User avatar
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1626
Joined: 04 May 2005, 11:29
Location: Saffron Walden

Re: Paris gig etc

Post by Freddie Laker » 30 Mar 2012, 11:45

Olympia is a great venue, but try to find another part of town for your beer - it's in one of the most expensive bits of Paris.

User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 33902
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Saltaire
Contact:

Re: Paris gig etc

Post by theraven1979 » 30 Mar 2012, 12:29

I can imagine the French bed and breakfast places quaking in their boots! Non chambres!

Jim
mctownie wrote:Anybody going to Paris on Friday 13th?? What a great day to see the band what could possibly go wrong.....

I'm probably going over with Junior McTownie - anybody been before to the Olympia???
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

User avatar
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 12493
Joined: 27 Jun 2003, 12:32
Location: Left of the middle.

Re: Paris gig etc

Post by gizzard » 30 Mar 2012, 12:47

Freddie Laker wrote:Olympia is a great venue, but try to find another part of town for your beer - it's in one of the most expensive bits of Paris.
Agree with what Freddie said, however the whole of paris is expensive :smt011

Great venue though, one of the best I've ever been to.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''

mctownie
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1995
Joined: 13 Jan 2004, 23:30

Re: Paris gig etc

Post by mctownie » 31 Mar 2012, 09:55

gizzard wrote:
Freddie Laker wrote:Olympia is a great venue, but try to find another part of town for your beer - it's in one of the most expensive bits of Paris.
Agree with what Freddie said, however the whole of paris is expensive :smt011

Great venue though, one of the best I've ever been to.
Cheers for info sounds great - flying from the gorgeous Liverpool Airport watching Lancashire (County Champions) v Warwickshire first. Flying back early Saturday for Grand National hopefully!

mctownie
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1995
Joined: 13 Jan 2004, 23:30

Re: Paris gig etc

Post by mctownie » 31 Mar 2012, 09:56

theraven1979 wrote:I can imagine the French bed and breakfast places quaking in their boots! Non chambres!

Jim
mctownie wrote:Anybody going to Paris on Friday 13th?? What a great day to see the band what could possibly go wrong.....

I'm probably going over with Junior McTownie - anybody been before to the Olympia???
Le chicken Tikka Massala will be very nice!!!

mctownie
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1995
Joined: 13 Jan 2004, 23:30

Re: Paris gig etc

Post by mctownie » 31 Mar 2012, 10:08

Come on its booked! Friday 13th in Paris with a loon teenager son and a loon Dad what could go wrong!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

User avatar
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 12688
Joined: 03 Jan 2006, 12:42
Location: Mon - Fri : Thunderbird 5.

Re: Paris gig etc

Post by PaulinLondon » 31 Mar 2012, 17:55

As per our earlier texts, I believe the restaurant to head to in Rue Xavier is called, "Le Latin". 8)
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.

User avatar
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 11871
Joined: 04 Apr 2004, 00:48
Location: UTOPIA!
Contact:

Re: Paris gig etc

Post by ThruBeingCool » 31 Mar 2012, 22:31

Pretentious twunts!,

User avatar
Blackbeered
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2381
Joined: 28 Oct 2008, 00:22
Location: Cirencester, Glos

Re: Paris gig etc

Post by Blackbeered » 31 Mar 2012, 22:56

Freddie Laker wrote:Olympia is a great venue, but try to find another part of town for your beer - it's in one of the most expensive bits of Paris.
Here's the beer in the venue - and the price (back in 2009, could be more now) :shock:

Image
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........

User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 33902
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Saltaire
Contact:

Re: Paris gig etc

Post by theraven1979 » 31 Mar 2012, 23:04

Welcome to hell!

Jim :shock:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

Americanstrangler
Down In The Sewer
Posts: 66
Joined: 01 Mar 2012, 23:54
Location: Houston, Texas USA
Contact:

Re: Paris gig etc

Post by Americanstrangler » 02 Apr 2012, 16:50

McTownie: I sent you a PM, but I am going to the Paris gig! I'm flying in from the USA with my husband. The show happens to be on my birthday and this will be the 1st time I have seen them. I saw Hugh perform earlier this year....

Post Reply