Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Le Zenith, Paris 13/11/86 Master Tape

Post by Burn e 77 »

Hi Dom P,
I have just posted to you the Le Zenith, Paris 13/11/86 Master tape, (recorded on TDK AD X)
you said this was one of your favourite gigs....... hope you enjoy it, its the same sound quality
as my Dusseldorth tape, looking forward to hearing your digital magic from it.
Cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
paul b
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Le Zenith, Paris 13/11/86 Master Tape

Post by paul b »

btw this was a great gig for those of us that were there :grin: :lol: :evil:
"i'd crawl over 50 good pussies just to get to 1 fat boys asshole"
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

paul b wrote:btw this was a great gig for those of us that were there :grin: :lol: :evil:
It was a memorable gig....... i even remember that we (SIS/MGP coach trip lads) had a game of football with Ze German ladds.
The Ramones and the Godfathers were also on the same bill, a great night....... apart from the CS Gas inncident!

I rember talking to JJ at the Marquee Club (SIS convention / polyphonic size gig) JJ was asking me how many fights we had
with Ze Germans, and who won lol !!!
Cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Burn e 77 wrote:
paul b wrote:btw this was a great gig for those of us that were there :grin: :lol: :evil:
It was a memorable gig....... i even remember that we (SIS/MGP coach trip lads) had a game of football with Ze German lads.
The Ramones and the Godfathers were also on the same bill, a great night....... apart from the CS Gas inncident!

I rember talking to JJ at the Marquee Club (SIS convention / polyphonic size gig) JJ was asking me how many fights we had
with Ze Germans, and who won lol !!!
Cheers
Burn e 77
PS as you can see from the above gig description, i have got confused... i meant the Dusseldorf, Germany SIS/MGP coach trip
in '86....... i'll get me coat!
Burn e 77
Something better change!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Wasn't this the one that was filmed?

Cheers BTW.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro »

It was the Madrid gig that was filmed on the 18th November 1986. :wink: I never understood why 'No More Heroes' never appeared on that Spanish gig, both TV and later released video by SIS started with 'Was It You?' :smt017
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

theraven1979 wrote:Wasn't this the one that was filmed?

Cheers BTW.

Jim
Hi Jim,
The Le Zenith, Paris '86 gig was filmed and broadcast live as it happened, it was watched by Stranglers fans who could'nt make it into Paris that night, a large number
of cinema theatres were involved, as the demand was quite high.
cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Thanks I thought as much - I wonder if anyone has the footage.

Jim
Burn e 77 wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Wasn't this the one that was filmed?

Cheers BTW.

Jim
Hi Jim,
The Le Zenith, Paris '86 gig was filmed and broadcast live as it happened, it was watched by Stranglers fans who could'nt make it into Paris that night, a large number
of cinema theatres were involved, as the demand was quite high.
cheers
Burn e 77
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

dan-electro wrote:It was the Madrid gig that was filmed on the 18th November 1986. :wink: I never understood why 'No More Heroes' never appeared on that Spanish gig, both TV and later released video by SIS started with 'Was It You?' :smt017
Guess what, Burne's master tape starts with Was It You? as well... maybe the same thing happened in Spain....? You can explain the reason why Burn e!!!! :grin:
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Dom P wrote:
dan-electro wrote:It was the Madrid gig that was filmed on the 18th November 1986. :wink: I never understood why 'No More Heroes' never appeared on that Spanish gig, both TV and later released video by SIS started with 'Was It You?' :smt017
Guess what, Burne's master tape starts with Was It You? as well... maybe the same thing happened in Spain....? You can explain the reason why Burn e!!!! :grin:
Hi Dom P,
The Simple reason is....... strange as it seems....... "No More Heroes" wasn't Played at the Le zenith, Paris '86 Gig, nor oddly enough at the Phillipshalle, Dusseldorf '88 Gig,
a great shame because it was a great crowd pleaser, but "Was It You" and "Nice In Nice" often took its place on the European set lists!?
Cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro »

Burn e 77 wrote:
Dom P wrote:
Hi Dom P,
The Simple reason is....... strange as it seems....... "No More Heroes" wasn't Played at the Le zenith, Paris '86 Gig, nor oddly enough at the Phillipshalle, Dusseldorf '88 Gig,
a great shame because it was a great crowd pleaser, but "Was It You" and "Nice In Nice" often took its place on the European set lists!?
Cheers
Burn e 77
Thanks for that!! I never knew 'No More Heroes' was dropped. Pretty odd!! :?
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"
Damian
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Damian »

I think heroes was played at Madrid, Hugh talks to the crowd before WIY? like they were freaking out to a song.

My theory anyway.