Moderator: StanInBlack

mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Le Zenith, Paris 13/11/86 Master Tape

Post by mickinblack »

I have a tape and a cd of this gig.
And heroes is the opening track.......
Are you sure its the 1986 Paris Zenith gig and not a copy of the madrid gig.
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

mickinblack wrote:I have a tape and a cd of this gig.
I was at the gig and recorded it myself, they didn't play "Heroes"
Burn e 77
Something better change!
dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro »

I just checked a number of gigs that have been bootlegged from the European Tour in 1986. All the tracklistings (including Le Zenith in Paris) have "No More Heroes" as the 1st song. Bonn, Munich, Paris & Utrecht all have "No More Heroes" listed as the opener. The only gig that doesn't is the TV gig in Madrid!! This is all very strange!! :smt017
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

dan-electro wrote:
I just checked a number of gigs that have been bootlegged from the European Tour in 1986. All the tracklistings (including Le Zenith in Paris) have "No More Heroes" as the 1st song. Bonn, Munich, Paris & Utrecht all have "No More Heroes" listed as the opener. The only gig that doesn't is the TV gig in Madrid!! This is all very strange!! :smt017
I've listened to Burn e's tape.... and the setlist differs from the Zenith lists in the encores, his has only Duchess\London Lady, whereas all the others have Spain\London Lady\Hanging Around\Duchess.... which is odd.... Hugh definitely says goodnight after LL, these are not edited....as this is obviously a master... so did they do two nights in Paris? Can someone listen to their Zenith and report what Hugh says between Heroes and Was It You? that should shed some light on it!
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Hi Dom P,
This set list anomaly is intriguing....... I taped the gig that night from beginning to end....... either they played over several nights, or the illegal boots are incorrect in their track listings....... perplexing!
Cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
icecube
Ugly
Ugly

Post by icecube »

My C90 is:

13-11-86 FRANCE, PARIS, LE ZENITH C90
no more heroes, was it you?, down in the sewer, nice in nice, punch and judy, souls, always the sun, la folie, strange little girl, golden brown, nice"n"sleazy, who wants the world, big in america, bring on the nubiles, shakin'like a leaf, uptown, tank, toiler on the sea, spain, london lady, hanging around, duchess.

:?:
This can't be undone

Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

icecube wrote:My C90 is:

13-11-86 FRANCE, PARIS, LE ZENITH C90
no more heroes, was it you?, down in the sewer, nice in nice, punch and judy, souls, always the sun, la folie, strange little girl, golden brown, nice"n"sleazy, who wants the world, big in america, bring on the nubiles, shakin'like a leaf, uptown, tank, toiler on the sea, spain, london lady, hanging around, duchess.

Well spookey!!! and i wasn't trippin' that night while recording either. Your bootleggers musta got the wrong dates!?
Burn e 77
Something better change!
icecube
Ugly
Ugly

Post by icecube »

Burn e 77 wrote: Well spookey!!! and i wasn't trippin' that night while recording either. Your bootleggers musta got the wrong dates!?
Burn e 77

European Tour
6.11.86 Utrecht Music Hall
7.11.86 Bonn Biskuithalle
8.11.86 Dreamtime album released
8.11.86 Hamburg Knopfs Musichalle
9.11.86 Berlin Metropol
10.11.86 Munich, Theaterfabrik
11.11.86 Zurich Volkshaus
13.11.86 Paris Le Zenith
14.11.86 Always The Sun @ Zenith French TV (broadcast from previous night?)
18.11.86 Madrid - Live at La Estación de Perpignan - TVE2
Estudio 1,Prado del Rey, Madrid
November 18, 1986. Broadcasted 1987
This can't be undone

Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

If someone has this longer Zenith can they listen to the preamble to was it you and report it here... I will let you know what Burn e's says in due course!!!

Intro to Nubiles would be another clue to hear if they are the same gigs or on different nights!!

Great bootleg of Burn e's BTW ... cracking quality!!!! Will post at some time///
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
Rodney Blackstaff
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Rodney Blackstaff »

Dom P wrote:If someone has this longer Zenith can they listen to the preamble to was it you and report it here... I will let you know what Burn e's says in due course!!!

Intro to Nubiles would be another clue to hear if they are the same gigs or on different nights!!

Great bootleg of Burn e's BTW ... cracking quality!!!! Will post at some time///
NO MORE HEROES, WAS IT YOU?, DOWN IN THE SEWER, NICE IN NICE, PUNCH AND JUDY, SOULS, ALWAYS THE SUN, LA FOLIE, STRANGE LITTLE GIRL, GOLDEN BROWN, NICE"N"SLEAZY, WHO WANTS THE WORLD, BIG IN AMERICA, BRING ON THE NUBILES, SHAKIN'LIKE A LEAF, UPTOWN, TANK, TOILER ON THE SEA, SPAIN, HANGING AROUND, DUCHESS, LONDON LADY.

on my copy as follows between heroes and was it you!
"Good evening, or if your french, bon soir and if your in a cinema its the best place to be as its raining out side, as i said if you are in a cinema its the best place to be as its pissing with rain outside"

after sewer Hugh says not to be intimidated by the cameras as its being shown in a cinema!

intro to nubiles............and now a little love song!!

rather long intro to Spain, Hugh asks "where do the french go on holiday?" plus he makes a point of the fact that some Bacteria has landed on the stage in the form of some 'phlem' from some french mouth!!

hope this helps
I see your outstretched hand through the closing door
But it's a far better thing I do than I have done before
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

My cd and tape Hugh says the same as what Rodney blackstuff as written.
So i think i have the same copy.
Had this since 1987.
Can someone put up what Hugh says between tracks on this master of the gig.
Better still can someone put a link so we can download a copy.
Im still thinking this new master is the Spain gig.
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

mickinblack wrote:My cd and tape Hugh says the same as what Rodney blackstuff as written.
So i think i have the same copy.
Had this since 1987.
Can someone put up what Hugh says between tracks on this master of the gig.
Better still can someone put a link so we can download a copy.
Im still thinking this new master is the Spain gig.
Well that settles it.... Mick, no this new master is not Madrid. Forget that.

Yes, as Rodders has confirmed, the banter he writes is exactly the same as on Burn e's master tape.

So, Burn e, you missed Heroes, according to the evidence, and quite possibly managed to miss the first encore too...!! :shock:

.... I was surprised your master only had one encore and was only 69 mins long, as they always did at least a two and two encore.... any memories being jogged?... Anyway what you sent sounds fucking ace though!! Much appreciated, will upload as it sounds great!