Thanks for the reviews !!!!!
Claireinblack
kent
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Re: The Globe Cardiff - 13th May 2010

Post by Niki Wu »

Hugh was on good form with his crowd interaction speaking to the crowd about local lib dems, complaining about his ear piece and making a bit of lighthearted fun of the 'Caaaardiff' accent...(he also fitted into Peaches "Is she trying to get out of Cardiff?")
He abridged a line in his "Always the Sun" encore to just one word "Knob" whilst a well oiled dancer in the front row was giving a rather exhuberant performance all of his own. Intentional or mere coincidence, it was amusing at the time.

On a slightly more serious note I've been singing "beat, beat ,beat of my heart" in work today in very catchy I smell a single kinda way.
Last edited by Niki Wu on 15 May 2010, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

He should have released it as a single with Live it and breath it on the other side. A double a side single just like the old days!
Pretzel
Down In The Sewer

Post by Pretzel »

Dead Ringer , I guess you were the guy stood in front of me with side bag & videoing gig?

Beat of my Heart was introduced as a good 'snogging song', asked if anything happening in Cardiff & mentioned the test match & if anymore opera houses had been built.

The knob reference in Sun was brill - didint hear that, but would have been directed at a couple of drunk peeps were larking around having their pic taken with Hugh in background while doing silly poses.

The crowd listened to Hoover (which sounds better live I think), warmed to rattus & gave a really good response at the end, was cool.
Steves delivery on his song wasnt great but to me it was showing disdain to JJ in a funny way & was in spirit of punk,

ah, missed meeting Hugh like I did JJ a while ago in Bristol, I'll have get famous, & tempt him to the Gate next time - better venue & has red-black logo & a Mad Hatters cafe, lol

G
Straighten Out
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

Pretzel wrote:Dead Ringer , I guess you were the guy stood in front of me with side bag & videoing gig?

Beat of my Heart was introduced as a good 'snogging song', asked if anything happening in Cardiff & mentioned the test match & if anymore opera houses had been built.

G
At the risk of appearing pedantic the "snogging song" was Pleasure Of Your Company.
DeadRinger
SHAKESPEARO

Post by DeadRinger »

It was possible me you saw but I wasnt videoing, I was just snapping away...

Here are some of the results:

http://community.webshots.com/album/577677234vCdumS

DR
Pretzel
Down In The Sewer

Post by Pretzel »

Niki Wu wrote:
Pretzel wrote:Dead Ringer , I guess you were the guy stood in front of me with side bag & videoing gig?

G
At the risk of appearing pedantic the "snogging song" was Pleasure Of Your Company.
no worries, he actually took a sideways glance at a lady who I'd been talking to earlier when he said this - glad he didnt pursue it as she was just a Globe regular (in ill health) who just happened to talk to me earlier & attends every gig there,
:-)
G
Straighten Out
Pretzel
Down In The Sewer

Post by Pretzel »

DeadRinger wrote:It was possible me you saw but I wasnt videoing, I was just snapping away...

Here are some of the results:

http://community.webshots.com/album/577677234vCdumS

DR
Ok, good pics.

G
Straighten Out