Ugly
Ugly

Re: Leeds 11/03/10

Post by The Strangler »

4.15pm - mobile rings

Lawrence - "where are you ?"
Me - "In my house"

:( :( :( :( :( :(
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Just had a very pleasant call from Rodders.
Sounds like he's already limbering up nicely
for round two, tomorrow night, in Newcastle :lol:

Huvagoodyin guys :wink:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Highlights:-

- Burnel beating the living shit out of his bass until his earpiece fell out on Genetix

- Burnel in a playful mood "can you feel it?" he asked the audience on the bass on Heroes. "Where! can you feel it?"

- Dave on Genetix - looking quite naked really as there's not many keyboards for him to hide behind

- Jet - just being Jet really

- The old stomping ground for the band - Was it really over 15 years ago when Reverend Greenfield last played Genetix in Leeds T&C?!

- The Stranglers have an 80s vibe about them - I mean that in a good way - JJ has lost years he looks and acts like he did in 85 or something - even Dave and Jet are looking good as well - It felt very erm...80s.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Rodney Blackstaff
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Rodney Blackstaff »

Gig ten out of ten!

Kebab seven out of ten

Night!

Rodders
I see your outstretched hand through the closing door
But it's a far better thing I do than I have done before
miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Post by miserablewoman »

Lowlights:-

- Nation of Shopkeepers pub poor selection of beers - REALLY SORRY EVERYONE! :oops: :oops: :oops:

- Gig sound quality at the start was pretty rough :smt009 ... eventually got better thank goodness!

- Mucking up my phone call to Bongo so he didn't get to hear Nuclear Device - REALLY SORRY BONGO! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Highlights:-
- As always meeting the wonderful people on this forum! :smt006

- Seeing JJ so animated and interacting with the crowd :mrgreen:

- Baz giving 110% effort :smt007

- Walk on By (I'm sure you end up 'tripping out' during that song?) and Sewer played to perfection 8)

- My nephew confirming that he enjoyed the gig but then turning to Mr MW and saying "but you promised me boobs!!" :shock:

A quick departure from me tonight so I hope that everyone got back safely.

Roll on Newcastle tomorrow ... where I believe we will have the treat of seeing Mr and Mrs Bongo afterall! :smt008
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...
Frank Castle
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Frank Castle »

bongo wrote:I got the calls MW, they came on voicemail later. Thank you for that :smt008 .
Hear them first hand the neet tho`.
I`ll be there with my geordie jeans on, and a canny bag of tudor !.....Waaaaaaaay aaaaye man! :lol:
Aye Bongo man see ya doon Noo-castle like........ 8)

LETS FOOKIN AVE IT...........right FBJ?
miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Post by miserablewoman »

bongo wrote:I got the calls MW, they came on voicemail later. Thank you for that :smt008 .
Thank goodness! Another one to add to my 'highlight' list then!! 8) :lol: :lol:
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...
leskei
Rats Rally

Post by leskei »

Hear them first hand the neet tho`.
I`ll be there with my geordie jeans on, and a canny bag of tudor !.....Waaaaaaaay aaaaye man! :lol:
aye an divvn`t figet the ham an peas puddin stottie
c u later mate
Roy Batty

Post by Roy Batty »

i felt it!! reverberating right up my whole body!!

thanks to babs for getting my ticket, and ithought that pub was ok place.. took my daughter due to my mate been too ill to go, and she loved it 8) (she last saw em at the corn exchange on the norfolk coast tour when pr was in em)

she thought j.j. looked about '40' :shock:
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah Nation Of Shopkeepers wasn't the greatest pub was it? We went to the Victoria over the road for a better pint. Glad to hear that was your daughter Mr Batty - I was left wondering if you were going through some mid-life crisis :lol: Did you find Matt?

Good to meet some of the other people off this site who I don't think I'd met before. Although I'm not one for smoke up the arse, it is encouraging to hear a few good words about the forums sometimes - makes me realise it's all worth it.

Just a quality gig really - Really enjoyed it - For me it's the best Stranglers gig I've seen for about 15 years. Respeck! to the band! Greatest band in the world. Always will be.

Jim
Roy Batty

Post by Roy Batty »

theraven1979 wrote:Yeah Nation Of Shopkeepers wasn't the greatest pub was it? We went to the Victoria over the road for a better pint. Glad to hear that was your daughter Mr Batty - I was left wondering if you were going through some mid-life crisis :lol: Did you find Matt?

Good to meet some of the other people off this site who I don't think I'd met before. Although I'm not one for smoke up the arse, it is encouraging to hear a few good words about the forums sometimes - makes me realise it's all worth it.

Just a quality gig really - Really enjoyed it - For me it's the best Stranglers gig I've seen for about 15 years. Respeck! to the band! Greatest band in the world. Always will be.

Jim
yeah, he was nx door in o'niells..

what i will say about last nite is that was a brilliant version of genetix loved JJ's paddy with the bass during it 8) 8) bring back thestrippers tho!! as long as they dont look like the coupla biffas that got up in scotland :twisted:
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah I think that was the best JJ moment I've ever witnessed - Loved the way he beat the crap out of it.

Jim