Leeds 11/03/10

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Leeds 11/03/10

Post by miserablewoman »

Thought I'd start the ball rolling with the 'meet up' thread for this gig - it should be a good one!! 8)

I'm planning to be in Leeds around 5pm - will start off at one of the few 'proper' pubs that Leeds has - 'The Ship' - then probably join the Park Row 'pub route' that takes you from the station up to the gig venue. I believe the final agreed meet up place is the 'Nation of Shopkeepers' (originally 'The Courtyard').

PM me for my mobile if you want to join along the way ... I do have a :smt061 sense of direction :roll: ... but I'll safely get us there in the end! :lol: :lol:

:smt006
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...
NMH1965
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Leeds 11/03/10

Post by NMH1965 »

miserablewoman wrote:Thought I'd start the ball rolling with the 'meet up' thread for this gig - it should be a good one!! 8)

I'm planning to be in Leeds around 5pm - will start off at one of the few 'proper' pubs that Leeds has - 'The Ship' - then probably join the Park Row 'pub route' that takes you from the station up to the gig venue. I believe the final agreed meet up place is the 'Nation of Shopkeepers' (originally 'The Courtyard').

PM me for my mobile if you want to join along the way ... I do have a :smt061 sense of direction :roll: ... but I'll safely get us there in the end! :lol: :lol:

:smt006
I shall head for The Ship around 17.00 hours :wink: 8)

:?
The day is sticky yellow!!
"Fading Dutch Moon

Post by "Fading Dutch Moon »

Only 24 hrs to go now untill we are at Leeds airport! Don't know how long it will take us to be in the citycenter after dropping our bagage at the hotel.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Looking for me like 7.30 in 'Nation of Shopkeepers' - I've heard the lads aren't on until 9-15ish

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
vanian
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by vanian »

Hi All - just landed this morning from Florida (bit bloody cold here ) going to travel up from the south to Leeds early afternoon tommorrow - but I only know how to get to elland road in Leeds - should be up there around 6ish - any good eating places anyone can recommend pre gig ??- cheers
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

thanks for organizing the meet, whoever has done it. hope to see people in the Nation - I didn't know the Courtyard had changed its name, I HAVE been there before after all, lots of times. Doh. Left my mobile phone in my mate's car last night too, probably won't have it until tomorrow night, double doh! :oops:
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Post by miserablewoman »

vanian wrote:Hi All - just landed this morning from Florida (bit bloody cold here ) going to travel up from the south to Leeds early afternoon tommorrow - but I only know how to get to elland road in Leeds - should be up there around 6ish - any good eating places anyone can recommend pre gig ??- cheers
Good that you've safely arrived! :grin: You are spoilt for choice for places to eat especially if you head for the Leeds Millenium Square area ... you'll then be very near the gig venue also! 8)
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Vanian - depends what you want mate - I always favour Tampopo before a gig - Nice Asian cuisine with a good selection of Asian booze to boot.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
vanian

Post by vanian »

Hi All - Thanks for the info on the grub places - looking forward to tonight and after driving up from Maidenhead I am definately going to need a few drinks as I hear that the M1 has a few issues- :roll:
Rodney Blackstaff
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Rodney Blackstaff »

vanian wrote:Hi All - Thanks for the info on the grub places - looking forward to tonight and after driving up from Maidenhead I am definately going to need a few drinks as I hear that the M1 has a few issues- :roll:
There are a couple of major roadworks on the M1. At the moment junction 15 is closed as well due to earlier accident!

Rodders
I see your outstretched hand through the closing door
But it's a far better thing I do than I have done before
vanian

Post by vanian »

Rodney Blackstaff wrote:
vanian wrote:Hi All - Thanks for the info on the grub places - looking forward to tonight and after driving up from Maidenhead I am definately going to need a few drinks as I hear that the M1 has a few issues- :roll:
There are a couple of major roadworks on the M1. At the moment junction 15 is closed as well due to earlier accident!

Rodders
Cheers for the update Rodders
Rodney Blackstaff
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Rodney Blackstaff »

Vanian - we are currently stuck in very very slow moving jam 7 miles south of junction 15! M1 has been closed for 5 hours so I hope it is open when you get up here!

Rodders
I see your outstretched hand through the closing door
But it's a far better thing I do than I have done before