Moderator: StanInBlack

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

yellowcakeuf6 wrote:(you'd better make sure it's warm up there mate,

:shock:
And how the feck to I do that?

So, what your saying is your trip up here, the gig and everything'll be ruined if I don't get the sun to come out, is that it?
No pressure, like.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

Alias wrote:
yellowcakeuf6 wrote:(you'd better make sure it's warm up there mate)

:shock:
And how the feck to I do that?

So, what your saying is your trip up here, the gig and everything'll be ruined if I don't get the sun to come out, is that it?
No pressure, like.
Aye, but you know the good thing is like............... it don't matter.

Do you have a rabbit and a recording studio in your front room? :twisted:
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

We all do.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

Frank Castle
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Frank Castle »

Alias wrote:Best get our thinking caps on about finding a meeting place- a good boozer that'll stick some songs on or something.
What do you reckon the chances of getting downstairs at the Solid Saturday afternoon of the gig Frank? It's handy to leave from, and I reckon as we'll be out there by 7.30ish for the gig it wouldn't be too much hassle for the pub to put up with a load of Stranglers fans in the downstairs bit for a few hours.
I thought take in a few pubs and sights rather than stay in one boozer
heres a few suggestions......

Harry Lauders across from the old Apollo,next to The Pavillion venue of JJ's Euroman gig in 1979.

King Tuts the venue for The Stranglers Mark 2 Glasgow debut.

Rockers for a few also,and possibly Nice n Sleazys I think a few of the troops would like to go there.We could meet in the SR,but don't fancy staying there for the duration,Im sure the lads would like to see a few Stranglers related parts of Glasgow mate. 8) As a few of them have never been before.

What about a pint in Bairds up at The Barras,that would be a education for the troops :lol:

I think this sounds like a day to remember(or not) for all concerned,and we're the drunken Tour guides :oops:
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

8)

Aye, all agreed, but I thought he pub/sights tour would take up the earlier part of the afternoon, but we'd still end up a central meeting point for a few hours before the gig, give all the stragglers a chance to hook up before the gig?

Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Give them chance to hook up?? Won't they be soundchecking or something?? Or sitting on the tourbus having cups of tea? They all know each other by now anyway so why would they wish to meet up?? You're not making any sense mate - you've changed!

Oh hang on........... you said stragglers.
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
terry

Post by terry »

yellowcakeuf6 wrote:Don't suppose there's a local derby going on that day is there?

(Feck!how many layers are we going to need???)
New fixtures announced this week and no old firm derby for the 1st november which is good news, keeps some oxygen thieves away from the city centre at least
Frank Castle

Post by Frank Castle »

terry wrote:
yellowcakeuf6 wrote:Don't suppose there's a local derby going on that day is there?

(Feck!how many layers are we going to need???)
New fixtures announced this week and no old firm derby for the 1st november which is good news, keeps some oxygen thieves away from the city centre at least
Thank fuck for that Terry,hate the two of them with a passion.The town has a horrible atmosphere when the gruesome twosome play each other.

Your right nothing but oxygen thieves. :smt045
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Whilst enjoying the delights of my cheese and tom sarnie at lunchtime today, I Googled, "curry restaurants Glasgow".

There appear to be thousands of them. :lol:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
christopher

Post by christopher »

If off work may get the Holigram to go. :twisted:
hugh says"what ever happend to guilford high street"
Fuck knows to far away for me to see........
Frank Castle

Post by Frank Castle »

PaulinLondon wrote:Whilst enjoying the delights of my cheese and tom sarnie at lunchtime today, I Googled, "curry restaurants Glasgow".

There appear to be thousands of them. :lol:
Bombay Blues on Hope Street next to Central Station doe's a Lunch Buffet for £5.99.We could make that our first port of call,and let Alias pick up the cheque :lol:

A Chicken Bhoona in Glasgow is to die for Paul.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Frank Castle wrote:Bombay Blues on Hope Street next to Central Station doe's a Lunch Buffet for £5.99.We could make that our first port of call,and let Alias pick up the cheque :lol:
Correct. :lol:
Frank Castle wrote:A Chicken Bhoona in Glasgow is to die for Paul.
8)
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.