TEASING LULU (J.J. PRODUCED SINGLE OUT NOW)

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Lovely voice. :grin:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
bry
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by bry »

Eddy Burnel deux wrote:sounds good...have they got an album or just the single :?:
album out nx month and you can now pre order it at easy action 8)

http://www.easyaction.co.uk/teasing-lulu/black-summer/
like a meteor, like to meet you!
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Not really mysort of music. I remember a jj and baz video interview where jj talked about them and he said to them "this sounds like it could of been released 30 years ago" & they were really happy with that comment but he thought they would of tried something new.

I don't think this formular will work for bands today, it's been done already, bands like enginners & elbow are great today though.
bry

Post by bry »

pigeon wrote:Not really mysort of music. I remember a jj and baz video interview where jj talked about them and he said to them "this sounds like it could of been released 30 years ago" & they were really happy with that comment but he thought they would of tried something new.

I don't think this formular will work for bands today, it's been done already, bands like enginners & elbow are great today though.

this 'formula' seems to be working well for them, they got a fantastic 10 out of 10 review for the forthcoming 'Burnel' produced cd...

and all the gigs ive seen em do, the young ones as well as the more mature crowd love em, they got a fantastic response at manchester, and shifted a load of cd singles....

you stick to what you know best mate, the more modern sound of mettallica blasting out the same tunes that they been blasting out for WAY too long...

and elbow??? the blue nile were doing what they did 24 years ago, so if your gonna pick an original band you will have to try harder...

BUT then again, thats the beauty of music, each to his own!!!
mccardigan
Ugly
Ugly

Post by mccardigan »

pigeon wrote:Not really mysort of music. I remember a jj and baz video interview where jj talked about them and he said to them "this sounds like it could of been released 30 years ago" & they were really happy with that comment but he thought they would of tried something new.

I disagree, I think this is a sound which is very contempory, nice and sharp, I've played it to a few friends and they like the sound a lot. Hope they do well as I like what I've heard/seen a lot
if your breasts are too big you'll fall over. Unless, of course, you wear a rucksack.
Roy Batty

Post by Roy Batty »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZUrHewdAJU

new teasing lulu viddy on youtube :twisted:
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I remember telling Lou when they were pondering band names to call themselves "The Anal Sluts" - I think Teasing LuLu is much better!

All good stuff. When's the tour?

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Roy Batty

Post by Roy Batty »

theraven1979 wrote:I remember telling Lou when they were pondering band names to call themselves "The Anal Sluts" - I think Teasing LuLu is much better!

Jim
dave vanian came up with the name 'teasing lulu' 8)

some dates coming up in september, but theres a gig on a boat on the thames on bank hol monday and also playing at the NEW bridghouse2 in canning town on 8th november with gundogs...
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

We need Northern dates - say York ? :lol:

Jim
Roy Batty wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:I remember telling Lou when they were pondering band names to call themselves "The Anal Sluts" - I think Teasing LuLu is much better!

Jim

some dates coming up in september, but theres a gig on a boat on the thames on bank hol monday and also playing at the NEW bridghouse2 in canning town on 8th november with gundogs...
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Roy Batty

Post by Roy Batty »

well i sorted it out at cert18 and ya never turned oop!

but Lou wants to come back, cardigan arms in leeds was on the cards.. :roll:
theraven1979 wrote:We need Northern dates - say York ? :lol:

Jim
Roy Batty wrote:

Jim

URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
mccardigan
Ugly
Ugly

Post by mccardigan »

Finally got the album and I love it, this is a great band - shades of Elastica sure but also the ballsy alternative spirit/sound of Babes in Toyland with English accents. This is a really strong album, every song arrives fully formed and throbs along. Also it must be said that mr Burnel's production is rather special too. So happy to have found this lot.
if your breasts are too big you'll fall over. Unless, of course, you wear a rucksack.
bry

Re: TEASING LULU (J.J. PRODUCED SINGLE OUT NOW)

Post by bry »

some new lulu tunes up on here, only demo's tho! but they are rather good 8)

fekking love cake me, its very polyphonic size early 80's electronica

enjoy!

http://www.myspace.com/looceedee

:twisted: