Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Favourite Kraftwerk Album

Post by Homer »

PaulinLondon wrote:
Homer wrote:Seems like Hitler was a Kraftwerk fan :grin: :grin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGyFlztSUVM
This rather an old formula and rather boring.
Mmm, why not make one about his dinosaur collection :grin: :grin: :grin: Must admit, once you've seen one they are a bit :roll: :roll:
wadey

Post by wadey »

Man Machine is the best by far
Pretzel
Down In The Sewer

Post by Pretzel »

..probably Computer World - the live version of Computer World is good! Not a bad band to keep the Stranglers away from number one, slightly ironic too as wasnt JJ a bit of a fan?

G
Straighten Out
Rich
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Rich »

Have just updated my speakers to Wharfedale Diamond 10.1's, and the difference they make to the remastered Kraftwerk catalogue is immense.

Much like the 'Werk, after two years contemplation, my favourite album is Computer World.

No-one has mentioned Tour De France yet. I love this album - Vitamin is brilliant.

Rich.
Black and White becomes........
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Kraftwerk doing an interesting stint of gigs in Bilbao, northern Spain in October.

http://www.kraftwerk.com/concerts/index-concerts.html

:grin:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

So, the thing about Amsterdam’s Paradiso is, there are balconies. And the thing about being in a balcony above Kraftwerk is, their once-secret live rig for their 3D show is now fully exposed.
The next question: what’s happening?

I have been squinting at this live video for some time, and I’m not sure. Some things are obvious: definitely MK I Machine drum machine controllers from Native Instruments, definitely a MIDI keyboard for the odd solo, fairly certain I also spot a Novation ReMOTE ZeRO SL controller (encoders and faders and red lights) and the display for Steinberg’s Cubase which appears to hold backing tracks.

Someone is reading … well, something. It appears to be an iPad UI, maybe, pre-iOS 7. It involves text. Is it an email?

What’s happening musically and extra-musically here? I could say more, but I think it’s time to crowd-source CDM Nation’s incredible eagle eyes and superior technical knowledge. Let us know what you think (I’m also getting some feedback via social media), and perhaps we can arrive at a final conclusion.

To me, the most interesting thing is that there’s an iOS-style app launch screen inside the display that previously had the text. That suggests maybe there’s some solution for seeing the iPad screen larger – possibly an AirPlay display or something like that. Or, that’s an iOS Simulator, and Kraftwerk are showing up all of us not by checking email during a live set, but by doing app development during a live set.

I hate to burst anyone’s Kraftwerk-hating bubble here, but I personally think it’s a set list or lyrics. Wait – scratch that. It might be more embarrassing to learn Kraftwerk can’t remember their own lyrics than it would be that they’re checking email while they play. (Seriously, guys, the words are “Tour de France, Tour de France.” You made it really easy on yourselves.)

Versatron Series 'F' :wink:
Something better change!
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Burn e 77 wrote:So, the thing about Amsterdam’s Paradiso is, there are balconies. And the thing about being in a balcony above Kraftwerk is, their once-secret live rig for their 3D show is now fully exposed.

I have been squinting at this live video for some time, and I’m not sure. Some things are obvious: definitely MK I Machine drum machine controllers from Native Instruments, definitely a MIDI keyboard for the odd solo, fairly certain I also spot a Novation ReMOTE ZeRO SL controller (encoders and faders and red lights) and the display for Steinberg’s Cubase which appears to hold backing tracks.

Someone is reading … well, something. It appears to be an iPad UI, maybe, pre-iOS 7. It involves text. Is it an email?

What’s happening musically and extra-musically here? I could say more, but I think it’s time to crowd-source CDM Nation’s incredible eagle eyes and superior technical knowledge. Let us know what you think (I’m also getting some feedback via social media), and perhaps we can arrive at a final conclusion.

To me, the most interesting thing is that there’s an iOS-style app launch screen inside the display that previously had the text. That suggests maybe there’s some solution for seeing the iPad screen larger – possibly an AirPlay display or something like that. Or, that’s an iOS Simulator, and Kraftwerk are showing up all of us not by checking email during a live set, but by doing app development during a live set.

I hate to burst anyone’s Kraftwerk-hating bubble here, but I personally think it’s a set list or lyrics. Wait – scratch that. It might be more embarrassing to learn Kraftwerk can’t remember their own lyrics than it would be that they’re checking email while they play. (Seriously, guys, the words are “Tour de France, Tour de France.” You made it really easy on yourselves.)

Why are you passing someone else's blog post off as your own post Bernie?
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

parasiteinblack wrote:
Burn e 77 wrote:So, the thing about Amsterdam’s Paradiso is, there are balconies. And the thing about being in a balcony above Kraftwerk is, their once-secret live rig for their 3D show is now fully exposed.

Well, as you can clearly see, it's not signed off as me "Bernie" BUT, for an element of acerbic humour I clearly signed it off as "Versatron Series 'F'" Ostensibly, down to the fact that Kraftwerk once had Robots perform live on their behalf :grin:
Last edited by Burn e 77 on 31 May 2016, 12:53, edited 2 times in total.
Something better change!
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

parasiteinblack wrote:

Yup, read that a while back myself :roll:
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

MiB81 wrote:
parasiteinblack wrote:

Yup, read that a while back myself :roll:
Well, as you can clearly see, it's not signed off as me "Bernie" BUT, for an element of acerbic humour I clearly signed it off as "Versatron Series 'F'" Ostensibly, down to the fact that Kraftwerk once had Robots perform live on their behalf :grin:
Something better change!
Sinister
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Sinister »

Always been a Kraftwerk fan, but only recently stumbled across the solo work of former percussionist Karl Bartos which is really good in my opinion, two albums in a familiar 'KW' style.

Well worth a listen for any fans...
'Communication' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MARmAG9Is4s&t=1432s
'Off The Record' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys8LGA2omQ0&t=77s
Whooo's there in the shadows