The Raven
The Raven

Re: Stiff Little Fingers

Post by doninblack »

Tracy wrote:Well another wonderful gig from SLF

Great night will put some songs on youtube when I get time

if SLF are playing near you go and see then

Tracy 8)
Deek reckoned The Rezillos were better on Saturday. Maybe it was because Fay is a better mover than Jake. :wink:
Last edited by doninblack on 08 Oct 2007, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
MANUINBLACK
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by MANUINBLACK »

poppyinblack wrote:Tracy did they play Gotta Gettaway??

I saw SLF when I was 14/15 at Friars Aylesbury some 25 years ago and they was brilliant then. Got my Gottagetaway sleeve signed by all the band!!

Glad you had a great time.

Poppyinblack

luv "gotta gettaway",in fact been having a bit of an i-pod frenzy with "hanx" at the moment.what an awesome album this is but never seen them live(seen jake at a 3 men & black and he was kin funny) :lol: . got so much going on at the mo so i cant put the cash aside this time round :x but gotta go one day soon.
well that was amazing,its taken him all day to learn that bass solo
poppyinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by poppyinblack »

Dear Manuinblack

Gotta Get Away is Awesome - my anthem for when I was between 13 and 16 years old - still know all the words :smile:

Have a good evening

Poppyinblack
Duchess of the Poppys
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Was listening to Hanx this morning - on the additional interview Jake mentions JJ

Jim
MANUINBLACK wrote:
poppyinblack wrote:Tracy did they play Gotta Gettaway??

I saw SLF when I was 14/15 at Friars Aylesbury some 25 years ago and they was brilliant then. Got my Gottagetaway sleeve signed by all the band!!

Glad you had a great time.

Poppyinblack

luv "gotta gettaway",in fact been having a bit of an i-pod frenzy with "hanx" at the moment.what an awesome album this is but never seen them live(seen jake at a 3 men & black and he was kin funny) :lol: . got so much going on at the mo so i cant put the cash aside this time round :x but gotta go one day soon.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Well, I've never seen SLF before last night, and to be honest I'd never heard of many of the songs. But it was a good night, and my left ear is still ringing the morning after, which is a good gauge that it was loud enough.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Bath Pavilion tonight :!:

:grin: :smt035 :smt031 :smt066 :smt030 :smt006 :smt034 :smt026
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
MANUINBLACK

Post by MANUINBLACK »

poppyinblack wrote:Dear Manuinblack

Gotta Get Away is Awesome - my anthem for when I was between 13 and 16 years old - still know all the words :smile:

Have a good evening

Poppyinblack
hi poppy,

ive got 4 or 5 years on you methinks :wink: . "nobodys hero" wait & see"wasted life" and mebbee my favourite" barbed wire love".jake at his visceral , rasping angst ridden best .gonna be one of my biggest regrets if i dont go and see them perform.did you sell your ticket for the roundhouse in the end.? shame you cant make it :cry:
well that was amazing,its taken him all day to learn that bass solo
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

After Tracey’s excellent in-depth review of the SLF gig in Edinburgh here’s mine from last night gig at Bath Pavilion-

They were fcuking awesome!!! :lol:

That was for TBC as I know he loves my reviews…. 8)

Seriously though they were as always bloody excellent! Never been to the Pavilion in Bath before and I was really impressed by the venue. The Stranglers should play there again(not since 1981 if my memory is correct). As you walk in there is a large bar area :grin: and then you walk into a massive hall with a huge stage. The sound there last night was spot on(me ears are ringing this morning!) So hopefully on the next batch of dates please guys…..

I’ve also said this before that the merchandise is second to none and last night there was even more on sale that I’ve seen at previous gigs! With each sale of tour t-shirt(£14-£16) you got a FREE CD of ‘Fifteen And Counting’ live from the Barras last year. I keep thinking why don’t the Stranglers have merchandise like this they would make a fortune at gigs plus from the web-site. They must have made a small fortune last night judging by the queues there before and after the gig.
My buddy Greg snapped up two t-shirts(with CD’s) and I got the recently released road movie DVD ‘Still Burning’ which looks firkin ace(was playing on a lap top at the merch desk). :grin:
The support band were called NECK and comprised of five blokes and one tidy looking female :smt055 and they played a cross between the Pogues and er SLF. They were bloody good and done a ‘different’ version of Anarchy In The UK complete with tin whistle and banjo. :shock:
Then it was time for Fingers and after not one but two plays of Go For It on they come and straight into Tin Soldiers. The classics were reeled off one by one and they went down a storm with the packed crowd. Although they have played these many many times they still sound fresh as the day they were recorded. The band also looked like they were really enjoying themselves(now where have I heard that before…??)
Highlights for me were Fly The Flag, Strummerville, Bits Of Kids, Listen and a stunning Suspect Device.
There are still plenty of dates left on this current tour so if they are playing close to you go see them.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Phew! Took me all morning to read that review. Not like your write-ups of old ;-) (You been hanging out with CRASS & PaulInLondon lately, Gizz :?:)

Excellent stuff btw and it does seem that SLF have got it right in terms of merchandise.
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

gizzard wrote:Seriously though they were as always bloody excellent!
Must admit..........Don't think I've ever seen a 'bad' Fingers gig. Some, 'not quite as good as other's', maybe, but they always put on a good show.

'Go For It' second only in building up anticipation to...........'Waltzinblack' 8)

Nice one gizz.............
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

gizzard wrote:After Tracey’s excellent in-depth review of the SLF gig in Edinburgh here’s mine from last night gig at Bath Pavilion-

They were fcuking awesome!!! :lol:

That was for TBC as I know he loves my reviews…. 8)

Seriously though they were as always bloody excellent! Never been to the Pavilion in Bath before and I was really impressed by the venue. The Stranglers should play there again(not since 1981 if my memory is correct). As you walk in there is a large bar area :grin: and then you walk into a massive hall with a huge stage. The sound there last night was spot on(me ears are ringing this morning!) So hopefully on the next batch of dates please guys…..

I’ve also said this before that the merchandise is second to none and last night there was even more on sale that I’ve seen at previous gigs! With each sale of tour t-shirt(£14-£16) you got a FREE CD of ‘Fifteen And Counting’ live from the Barras last year. I keep thinking why don’t the Stranglers have merchandise like this they would make a fortune at gigs plus from the web-site. They must have made a small fortune last night judging by the queues there before and after the gig.
My buddy Greg snapped up two t-shirts(with CD’s) and I got the recently released road movie DVD ‘Still Burning’ which looks firkin ace(was playing on a lap top at the merch desk). :grin:
The support band were called NECK and comprised of five blokes and one tidy looking female :smt055 and they played a cross between the Pogues and er SLF. They were bloody good and done a ‘different’ version of Anarchy In The UK complete with tin whistle and banjo. :shock:
Then it was time for Fingers and after not one but two plays of Go For It on they come and straight into Tin Soldiers. The classics were reeled off one by one and they went down a storm with the packed crowd. Although they have played these many many times they still sound fresh as the day they were recorded. The band also looked like they were really enjoying themselves(now where have I heard that before…??)
Highlights for me were Fly The Flag, Strummerville, Bits Of Kids, Listen and a stunning Suspect Device.
There are still plenty of dates left on this current tour so if they are playing close to you go see them.
Nice review Gizzard

sorry I have been so busy at work I have not had time to do a review but your one sum them up what a great gig and they all seem to enjoy playing

Tracy
When we're dead and gone when we get where we belong and we've sung the final song get the first bus to Babylon
helgy
Ugly
Ugly

Post by helgy »

playing lincoln monday we are off to it but dare i venture back into the taste of india afterwards?