London '77 Punk Week

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

London '77 Punk Week

Post by Alias »

The start of November is shaping up to be a bit of a '77 style Punk fest, with The Stranglers then The Banshees at the Roundhouse, and the Pistols announcing today a one off at the Brixton Academy on the 8th November.
Pity they weren't all announced a bit sooner, might have made a nice, nostalgic punky holiday down the big smoke that week :grin:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: London '77 Punk Week

Post by PaulinLondon »

Alias wrote:and the Pistols announcing today a one off at the Brixton Academy on the 8th November.
Tickets going on sale this Friday at £37.50 :shock:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

PaulinLondon wrote:
Alias wrote:and the Pistols announcing today a one off at the Brixton Academy on the 8th November.
:shock:

Filthy Lucre Part 2, eh?
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Alias wrote:
PaulinLondon wrote:
:shock:

Filthy Lucre Part 2, eh?
And I don't think that includes the booking fee either. :shock:

Still, you gonna stay down for it :?:

:lol:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

As a said mate, this would have been tempting as a Punk Nostalgia week long Fest if I'd known about them all sooner, but as it is I'm more than happy enough just filling me boots on the Sunday. Nice wee Punk Holibags for mibee someone who might have missed all these bands first time around though.

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Oh yeah cool, stranglers and sex pistols in one week. Rock and roll. Shame sid can't make it :lol:
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

Same Night as Penetration are playing 'Moving Targets' at the 100 club, support by Teasing Lulu.
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

PaulinLondon wrote:
I saw them at Cystal Palace in 2002 , they were ok at best . Dropkick Murphy's blew them away really .....never seen a punk band with bagpipes in before ( Dropkicks ) , the rest were average punk bands and the Pistols were waht they were - 4 middle aged porkers trying to relive old times or rake in a bit of cash , nothing wrong with that of course , thats just how it is . I think they opened with Hawkwinds " Silver Machine " - could you see them doing that in '76 ?
wanderlust
The Raven
The Raven

Post by wanderlust »

If someone like harvey Goldsmith could organise a proper punk bill to celebrate 30 years with the SEX PISTOLS, BUZZCOCKS, STRANGLERS, DAMNED etc then it would be great but I'm not going to pay £36 to see the PISTOLS and a couple of oscure or irrelevent support acts like THE LIBERTINES, BABYSHAMBLES etc..I know the STRANGLERS are keen to avoid nostalgia but a high profile bill may put them back on the music map where they belong..
"I had a dream or a nightmare difficult to decide which"
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

wanderlust wrote:I know the STRANGLERS are keen to avoid nostalgia but a high profile bill may put them back on the music map where they belong..
I fear that a special, unique device designed (over a period of say 30 odd years?), in a laboratory by men in white coats, specifically for the sole purpose of 'putting The Stranglers back on the music map where they belong' wouldn't be able to fulfill that request mate. :cry:

However, I do echo your sentiments..........
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Bear Cage wrote:Same Night as Penetration are playing 'Moving Targets' at the 100 club, support by Teasing Lulu.
If I was to express a choice, Ms. Murray would win hands down.

Whilst I do have a passing interest in Mr. Lydon, £37.50 is still a bit steep isn't it.
I'm sure they'll sell out, with loads of touts cashing in on ebay.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.