not long till tallica hit wembley.

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

not long till tallica hit wembley.

Post by pigeon »

3 days from now the mighty james hetfield, lars ulrich, kirk hammet, robert trujillo play wembley stadium on the "sick of the studio" tour so my poor cousins who will be in the middle of some yiddish meal in their mansions in wembley will have mr hetfield bellowing through there walls at a 100 desibals FUCK YOU MUTHAFUKAS CREEEEPIIING DEEEAAAAAATTHHH" fuck yeah!!.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Let's rock!

Jim :lol:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Would love to see them myself! :(

Have a great time Pidge! :grin:

Will be watching their slot at the Live earth bash on Saturday. 8)
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

gizzard wrote:Will be watching their slot
:shock:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Urggh!! :lol:

Jim
Alias wrote:
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

theraven1979 wrote:Urggh!! :lol:

Jim
Alias wrote:
:lol: :lol:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Re: not long till tallica hit wembley.

Post by doninblack »

pigeon wrote:3 days from now the mighty james hetfield, lars ulrich, kirk hammet, robert trujillo play wembley stadium on the "sick of the studio" tour so my poor cousins who will be in the middle of some yiddish meal in their mansions in wembley will have mr hetfield bellowing through there walls at a 100 desibals FUCK YOU MUTHAFUKAS CREEEEPIIING DEEEAAAAAATTHHH" fuck yeah!!.
I'm amazed these guys can keep a straight face when they come out with all this macho nonsense. :lol:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

They look like they should be playing banjos as well if you know what I mean

Jim
doninblack wrote:
pigeon wrote:3 days from now the mighty james hetfield, lars ulrich, kirk hammet, robert trujillo play wembley stadium on the "sick of the studio" tour so my poor cousins who will be in the middle of some yiddish meal in their mansions in wembley will have mr hetfield bellowing through there walls at a 100 desibals FUCK YOU MUTHAFUKAS CREEEEPIIING DEEEAAAAAATTHHH" fuck yeah!!.
I'm amazed these guys can keep a straight face when they come out with all this macho nonsense. :lol:
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

James owns a banjo y'know any instrument from the year 1963 he collects his birth year. Watched them and spinal tap on live earth yesterday and james and rob onstage with spinal tap.

Looking forward to tonight a few oldies are back in the set

...and justice for all (not been played since 1989)
The four horsemen & i hope
Fade to black
adam_neil
Ugly
Ugly

Post by adam_neil »

doninblack wrote:
Don,

I couldn't have put it better myself. The problem I have with Metallica is I am unable to really connect with any of their songs. Most of their music is 100mph thrash metal and when they slow it down and try and write a nice mellow melody it just sounds contrived and to be more blunt - fucking boring!

Their supposed 'masterpiece' 1986's Master Of Puppets as far as I'm concerned is just self indulgent yanky doodle pap. How anyone can take James Hetfield seriously is beyond me. But having said all this, there are many worse bands out there. Metallica are just another heavily overrated act like loads of other artists who get all the plaudits, eg. Guns 'N' Roses, U2, Bon Jovi etc etc etc.

Adam
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

The Live Earth thing was awful, but it was the BBCs fault. They come on and play one track I hadn't heard of (not a big fan), then "Nothing Else Matters", which is pretty good, then we switch to Jonathan Ross who tells us we're going over live to Australia to listen to poxy Crowded House, and you can hear them just starting up the big hit (Enter Sandman) in the background. Gits.

I saw the Metallica "movie" thing on one of the freeview channels around Christmas, it looked pretty interesting. Though the drummer looks like he's one of those really short guys that makes up for it by having a really big drum kit.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Get with the times dood lars got rid of the big drumkit at the fall of 93 & now his playing a much more scaled down kit after jaming with the drummer from alice in chains in early 95. As its much more challenging than his old kit apparently. His 5.8 in height.