The Skids have reformed

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

steveareno
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by steveareno »

'If there's no reason for your words, then your silence ain't absurd, if there's no reason for your breathing then it just won't do'
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Great clips, looked like an amazing gig- The League Of Bald Headed Gentlemen looked pleased too! :lol:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

"Every day it's my pleasure to meet"

Jim
Alias wrote:Great clips, looked like an amazing gig- The League Of Bald Headed Gentlemen looked pleased too! :lol:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Excellent clips thanks Steve!

Into The Valley was fcukin ace!

Fcuk I wish they would do some more dates! :(

Who is the young lad on guitar :?: Is it Stuart Adamson's son :?:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
steveareno

Post by steveareno »

gizzard wrote:
Who is the young lad on guitar :?: Is it Stuart Adamson's son :?:
It was Bruce Watson's son.

Steveareno.
'If there's no reason for your words, then your silence ain't absurd, if there's no reason for your breathing then it just won't do'
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

And the second night was fucking brilliant too! My first and last Skids gig will go down as one of the best. Fanatastic atmosphere, everyone really friendly and up for it. The pogoing started from the first song, and I managed to stay cool, calm and collected for the first few numbers, but once Working for the Yankee Dollar started that was it - I was in. It really did feel like a gig from 1978, and reminded me of my old days when I used to jump around at local Undertones gigs. The band played it like it mattered, and the whole thing was just superb. Loads of oldies like me reliving their youth was a special experience. There was a good number of twenty and thirty somethings there too, which Jobbers was happy about cos "it still works." The music was great, the band were really enjoying themselves and Jobbers gave it 100% the whole way through. There were commemorative T-shirts too, with a "Days in Dunfermline" caption under the Europa pic, and the Glen Pavillion dates on the back - couldn't resist! There was a camera filming at the back, so hopefully between the two nights some sort of recording will emerge. Between songs Jobbers gave us a lot of history of the songs and the band, which also made it special. From his comments I reckon this really is the last time, but what a way to go out! Skids, true Scottish punks, never to be forgotten. :grin:
Last edited by doninblack on 06 Jul 2007, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nice one - glad you enjoyed it Don

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Yeah, CHEERS STEVE & DON for your posts. Sounds excellent!

Hope The Skids re-consider and play more dates. Although that sounds unlikely.

:(
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

It's impossible to sit or stand still listening to the Skids.
behold the stranglers bring you aural sculpture
steveareno

Post by steveareno »

I missed the BBC T-in-the-Park coverage of The Skids over the weekend (due to that awful Wembley gig), but YouTube has come up trumps. This clip is excellent ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_YN0OgyKO0

Steveareno.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

steveareno wrote:I missed the BBC T-in-the-Park coverage of The Skids over the weekend (due to that awful Wembley gig), but YouTube has come up trumps. This clip is excellent ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_YN0OgyKO0

Steveareno.
And this-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tinthepark/channelt/video/4453121
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Samarkand
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Samarkand »

A petition has been started to get the Skids to do some more gigs. If you want a chance to see them (and I certainly do!) add your name to the petition!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/we_want_the_skids/
Samarkand