The Skids have reformed

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

The Sewer The Sewer wrote:I know this might sound controversial but I seem to remember they were nothing special when they came out???

So, what's the big deal with them this time round - Or is it the age old problem of music sounding so much better when you were younger??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can't possibly say that!
Surely you see more big in the small as you get older ( even though it's been squirrelled away there for a long time!)
Last edited by Niki Wu on 16 Jun 2007, 09:50, edited 2 times in total.
How deep?
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:I'm offshore, :cry: :cry:
Have to settle for Masquerade Live(£3.99 from Play.com).
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

John wrote:got ticket for both nights, should be great couple of nights.
See they are also playing a live session on radio clyde on july 1st on billy sloan's show.

John
Have a good un TONIGHT! See you for tomorrow's gig. This is going to be really special as a home town finale 8)
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Any of the gigs gonna be broadcast on telly or radio?

Have a good one.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

theraven1979 wrote:Any of the gigs gonna be broadcast on telly or radio?

Have a good one.

Jim
I doubt it!
I see this is on telly this weekend. No doubt the whole programme will show the Artic Fcuking Monkeys! :evil:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Anyone manage to record the radio session??
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
John
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by John »

Last nights gig was really great, packed out with a great atmosphere, very hot and sweaty as they say.
Jobson looked knackered at the end of the gig, how he managed to keep "dancing" for the whole gig i will never know. His energy on stage was fantastic.
They played all the usual songs you would expect and a good few more, even a sensational alex harvey band cover.
All in all a great night, and looking forward to tonight to do it all oner again, see you there don and deek.

John
you always reap what you sow
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

The old Jobson "dance" was in abundance then? How did Bruce handle Stuart's guitar work?

Wish they'd do a bit of a UK tour.

Jim
John wrote:Last nights gig was really great, packed out with a great atmosphere, very hot and sweaty as they say.
Jobson looked knackered at the end of the gig, how he managed to keep "dancing" for the whole gig i will never know. His energy on stage was fantastic.
They played all the usual songs you would expect and a good few more, even a sensational alex harvey band cover.
All in all a great night, and looking forward to tonight to do it all oner again, see you there don and deek.

John
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

theraven1979 wrote:The old Jobson "dance" was in abundance then? How did Bruce handle Stuart's guitar work?

Wish they'd do a bit of a UK tour.

Jim
John wrote:Last nights gig was really great, packed out with a great atmosphere, very hot and sweaty as they say.

John
Nice one!

Can you post the set list??

Yes Jim would love to see a UK Tour.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Did they play TV Stars as encore?
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

Eddie's tammy Stanley's chamois!!! :grin:
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

steveareno
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by steveareno »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:Did they play TV Stars as encore?
Yeah, but with updated Lyrics, "Peggy Mitchell, .Gordon Ramsay, Simon Cowell, what a w****r".
A really surprisingly brilliant night. Hot as hell. These things are usually a bit hit & miss, but it was such a warm atmosphere from their hometown crowd. Jobson was beaming throughout & the band all seemed to be loving the nostalgia. The audience were just apoplectic ! I think the fact that this is definitley the end of the road for them meant that they just played to enjoy the night, without the usual bull that surrounds groups.
If your going tonight, enjoy.
The entire crowd seemed to range from 39 years old upwards.
I haven't jumped about @ a concert for over 20 years, but I couldn't resist last night & I was soaked to the skin + loved every minute.
There were a couple of cameras there last night so who knows.
Watch out for them this Saturday on the BBC's T in the Park coverage.

Steveareno.
'If there's no reason for your words, then your silence ain't absurd, if there's no reason for your breathing then it just won't do'