Manics Tour

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

steveareno
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by steveareno »

Just got Glasgow tickets. Limited to two per applicant. Ticketmaster sold out for the entire tour in less than an hour !

Steveareno.
'If there's no reason for your words, then your silence ain't absurd, if there's no reason for your breathing then it just won't do'
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Freddie Laker »

Got tickets for Cambridge this morning from the Corn Exchange Box office. They've now sold all of their allocation, but there may be a few available throught the agencies. :grin:
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Got 2 tickets from Rock City today! (Well,at least the wife did..ahem!)

This will be my first Manics gig since 1992, have I missed anything :?: :lol:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

And you never saw them after that? I saw them in 93 and was hooked - mind you they were kinda punky back then. I remember stood in the Nynex in 96 and me and me mate were stood scratching our heads because this "punk band" suddenly had all these teenage girl fans with tiarras and tellytubbys. Mind you that said I shacked up with one so alls well that ends well *belch*

Jim
ThruBeingCool wrote:Got 2 tickets from Rock City today! (Well,at least the wife did..ahem!)

This will be my first Manics gig since 1992, have I missed anything :?: :lol:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

I finally get to see them & am doing the newcastle date. Diddnt know about the other london dates but i like the traverling from south to north.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

theraven1979 wrote:And you never saw them after that? I saw them in 93 and was hooked -
Well, I wasn't hooked way back when. I bought 'Generation Terrorists' and saw them at Trent Poly, Nottm after reading all about The Manics in the NME.

On the whole, they didn't do much for me in their early days. By the time my interest was re-kindled they were playing stadiums/arenas etc which I tend to avoid.

Quite looking forward to the Rock City gig though as this will be an intimate affair compared to their usual haunts these days. 8)
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah apart from Leeds uni the last 3 times me and our lass have seen em was at MEN Arena which is like stood in Manchester watching 3 2ft Welsh midgets playing in Liverpool. Gimme Leeds T&C again!

Jim

ThruBeingCool wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:And you never saw them after that? I saw them in 93 and was hooked -
Well, I wasn't hooked way back when. I bought 'Generation Terrorists' and saw them at Trent Poly, Nottm after reading all about The Manics in the NME.

On the whole, they didn't do much for me in their early days. By the time my interest was re-kindled they were playing stadiums/arenas etc which I tend to avoid.

Quite looking forward to the Rock City gig though as this will be an intimate affair compared to their usual haunts these days. 8)
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Been listening to "Know your enemy" a lot recently "found that soul" "miss europa disco dancer" & "my gurnica" are very catchy.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

pigeon wrote:Been listening to "Know your enemy" a lot recently "found that soul" "miss europa disco dancer" & "my gurnica" are very catchy.
Don't forget 'Why So Sad?'...one of me faves, luv that song.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

yeah and "ocean spray" is very moving not to keen on "let robson sing" though.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

pigeon wrote:yeah and "ocean spray" is very moving not to keen on "let robson sing" though.
Nor me they should let Jerome instead.

:lol:

And it should be Robeson....

Wheres me anorak :?:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Lifeblood has to be one of their best though?

Jim