good jam video

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

wanderlust
The Raven
The Raven

Post by wanderlust »

Another good tribute band THE JAMM seen them a few times the singer looks and sounds like weller. It's good to see buckler back playing drums after years of semi-retirement. I suppose they could form their own version of the Jam if weller won't join them but I suppose legal matters may prevent them using the name..
"I had a dream or a nightmare difficult to decide which"
daniellameijvis
Rats Rally

Post by daniellameijvis »

wanderlust wrote:Another good tribute band THE JAMM seen them a few times the singer looks and sounds like weller. It's good to see buckler back playing drums after years of semi-retirement. I suppose they could form their own version of the Jam if weller won't join them but I suppose legal matters may prevent them using the name..
Way. Paul Weller has bin left oud of himself isn't it? Just like Hugh did,
the have choosen to leave don't they? so way can't they use the name
Jam animore?
DANIELLA
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Apparently .......

In a 2006 interview with BBC Radio 6 Music, Weller stated that a Jam reunion would "never, ever happen", and that reformations are "sad". He went on to say "Me and my children would have to be destitute and starving in the gutter before I'd even consider that, and I don't think that'll happen anyway ... [the Jam's music] still means something to people and a lot of that's because we stopped at the right time, it didn't go on and become embarrassing." In June 2006 it was reported that Weller and Foxton met backstage at The Who's Hyde Park gig and a ten minute conversation ended with an embrace.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

PaulinLondon wrote:Apparently .......

In a 2006 interview with BBC Radio 6 Music, Weller stated that a Jam reunion would "never, ever happen", and that reformations are "sad". He went on to say "Me and my children would have to be destitute and starving in the gutter before I'd even consider that, and I don't think that'll happen anyway ... [the Jam's music] still means something to people and a lot of that's because we stopped at the right time, it didn't go on and become embarrassing." ....
er, The Beat Surrender? The Bitterest Pill?
:shock: Apart from that, he has a point.

All this reminds me of that classic question asked by an audience member to Hugh at the Song By Song gig in Glasgow last year,

"Paul Weller says he'll eat shite before he reforms the Jam, Morrisey says he'd eat his testicles before reforming the Smiths.
Hugh, what would you eat before reforming The Stranglers?" :lol: :lol:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
daniellameijvis
Rats Rally

Post by daniellameijvis »

Alias wrote:

In a 2006 interview with BBC Radio 6 Music, Weller stated that a Jam reunion would "never, ever happen", and that reformations are "sad". He went on to say "Me and my children would have to be destitute and starving in the gutter before I'd even consider that, and I don't think that'll happen anyway ... [the Jam's music] still means something to people and a lot of that's because we stopped at the right time, it didn't go on and become embarrassing." ....

All this reminds me of that classic question asked by an audience member to Hugh at the Song By Song gig in Glasgow last year,

"Paul Weller says he'll eat shite before he reforms the Jam, Morrisey says he'd eat his testicles before reforming the Smiths.
lets bake a cake for him. saying he does'nt have to come back
but just make up with JJ again, so they can be friends again.
DANIELLA
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Alias wrote:

So what was the answer :?:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

gizzard wrote:
Alias wrote:

So what was the answer :?:
His bowler hat :?: :grin:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
wanderlust
The Raven
The Raven

Post by wanderlust »

"I had a dream or a nightmare difficult to decide which"