IAN DURY

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

wadey1

IAN DURY

Post by wadey1 »

any big ian dury fans. new boots and panties is one of the best albums of all time..
Mad Hatter
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Mad Hatter »

Yes, I enjoy listening to Ian Dury. I like his wry sense of humour in his lyrics - the Bus Driver's Prayer is a great example of this. Unfortunately, due to the content of a fair bit of his material, I can't listen to them in front of the kids! He was a real loss to music when he passed away. RIP.
mccardigan
Ugly
Ugly

Post by mccardigan »

Only have New Boots... a great lp. I enjoy his turn at the mic on Stranglers and Friends - he steals the show (CD).
if your breasts are too big you'll fall over. Unless, of course, you wear a rucksack.
LAIDBLACKINKENT
Down In The Sewer

Post by LAIDBLACKINKENT »

Wadey check out 'Do it yourself' and 'Laughter' Albums classic Dury..Saw him with the Blockheads a few times in the late 70's early 80's the ultimate showman.Try 'Mr Lovepants' a late 90's album which was a return to past glories.
Have you all got your Crackerjack pencils
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

"Rythm Stick" is fabulous. Cheers me up every time. Recently bought a "Collection" album and he and the band did some great stuff. Another great track is "What a Waste".
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

"Chaz Jankel is musically direct!" 8)
LAIDBLACKINKENT
Down In The Sewer

Post by LAIDBLACKINKENT »

Anyone who can come up with song titles such as 'Poo Poo in the Prawn','Fuckin Ada' and 'Fuck off Noddy' is a genius in my book!
Have you all got your Crackerjack pencils
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Got new boots and a best of. Great stuff and yes sadly missed. :(

Fave tracks-Billericky Dickie and Itinerant Child. :grin:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
The Real One!
Rats Rally

Post by The Real One! »

Blockheads are touring. Anyone going?
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Still love the line, "See my tailor, he's called Simon, I know it's going to fit!" :grin: :grin:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
wadey1

Post by wadey1 »

i like OH MR PEANUT on Laughter album. piss funny. dury was great on hugh's nosferatu album aswell
andyinblack1
VERSATRAN SERIES F

ian dury

Post by andyinblack1 »

most of ian durys albums have been re-issued as double discs, with demos and alternate takes. new boots and panties even has a backing track of 'sweet gene vincent', great for that karaoke moment!!!!