BUZZOCOCKS....FAB NIGHT OUT - GO AND SEE EM

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Preacher man
Rats Rally

BUZZOCOCKS....FAB NIGHT OUT - GO AND SEE EM

Post by Preacher man »

SEEN THE BUZZCOCKZ LAST MIGHT IN PONTYPRIDD (SOUTH WALES). FIRST TIME I HAD SEEN THE BAND IN AGES - 20YRS +(I DO AVE A FEW EARLY SINGLES THOUGH) AND THEY WERE FAB.

PETE SHELLY HAS NOT CHANGED IN 30 YRS AND STEVE DIGGLE WAS LAUGHING AND JOKING WITH THE CROWD. THEY REALLY ENJOYED THEMSELVES. I REALLY ENJOYED MYSELF FOR £15.A GOOD NIGHT OUT.

GOING TO SEE SLF END OF THIS MONTH , AINT IT STRANGE HOW YOU CATCH UP BANDS THAT YOU WERE INTO 20 -25 YRS AGO.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Buzzococks?
Lol wrong forum!

Buzzcocks are one of my faves too, usually go and see them every tour.
My fave gig was when I saw them in NYC at the Bowery Ballroom on my birthday. top gig. Met Steve Diggle & the crew afterwards in a bar in the east village, top blokes.
Will be seeing them in Leeds in a few weeks.
Preacher man
Rats Rally

Post by Preacher man »

I WOULD IMAGINE MOST STRANGLERS FANS HVAE A 2ND, 3RD OR EVEN 4TH BAND AND THE BUZZCOCKS WOULD AVE TO BE IN THERE SOMEWHERE.

AND AFTER SEEING THE BAND ON SAT NIGHT I WILL HAVE TO PURCHASE A FEW CDS -

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A FEW WORTHWHILE PURCHASES FOR ME.

sTEVE DIGGLE - HE WOULD BE GREAT IN ANY BAND. IF BAZ SHOULD EVER LEAVE THEN LETS SEND THIS GUY AN APPLICATION FORM.

PREACHER MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
reddrive
SHAKESPEARO

Post by reddrive »

Totally agree. Steve Diggle really enjoyed the gig in Bristol on Friday ,and so did Shelley to a lesser degree.This enjoyment passed to the crowd who were very appreciative.

Go and see them if you can , a really good night to be had.
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

SEEN THE BUZZCOCKZ LAST MIGHT IN PONTYPRIDD (SOUTH WALES). FIRST TIME I HAD SEEN THE BAND IN AGES - 20YRS +(I DO AVE A FEW EARLY SINGLES THOUGH) AND THEY WERE FAB.

PETE SHELLY HAS NOT CHANGED IN 30 YRS AND STEVE DIGGLE WAS LAUGHING AND JOKING WITH THE CROWD. THEY REALLY ENJOYED THEMSELVES. I REALLY ENJOYED MYSELF FOR £15.A GOOD NIGHT OUT.

GOING TO SEE SLF END OF THIS MONTH , AINT IT STRANGE HOW YOU CATCH UP BANDS THAT YOU WERE INTO 20 -25 YRS AGO.
I was at the Ponty gig as well last night. Never been into the Buzzcocks before, but have been listerning to a bit the last month or so since i got my ticket. Didnt think much at first, for the first half dozen songs or so, but probably as i didnt know them (though i believe some where new?). Was in the bog when 'sixteen again' came on, and rushed out and got to the front. Kind of got into it then. Fell twice during the mayhem later - landed on someone at one point, picked him up, only to find it was my brother !. An ok evening for me.

I was wearing my 'No More Heroes' t-shirt. Someone approached me towards the end and commented about how good the Strangs are and that they'd seen them (i think) 16 times, compared to my 6, and also very briefly mentioned the books they have out. Dont know if that was you, Preacher Man, or maybe Mad Hatter, as i note you said you were going ?.

To top it all, got home to watch Joe C stuff jeff lacey in the boxing !
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Preacher man wrote:I WOULD IMAGINE MOST STRANGLERS FANS HVAE A 2ND, 3RD OR EVEN 4TH BAND AND THE BUZZCOCKS WOULD AVE TO BE IN THERE SOMEWHERE.

AND AFTER SEEING THE BAND ON SAT NIGHT I WILL HAVE TO PURCHASE A FEW CDS -

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A FEW WORTHWHILE PURCHASES FOR ME.

sTEVE DIGGLE - HE WOULD BE GREAT IN ANY BAND. IF BAZ SHOULD EVER LEAVE THEN LETS SEND THIS GUY AN APPLICATION FORM.

PREACHER MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
The New Album-Flat Pack Philosophy
2003 Self Titled Album
All Set
Singles Going Steady

Also the live SBE 2003 DVD

Those for starters :grin:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

The 'PRODUCT' box set is essential. Released in 89/90, it contains every Buzzcocks official recording up to their 'split' in 1980.

Only 'Spiral Scratch' is omitted, although 3 tracks turn up on the 'live' cd which is also part of the package. There's also a previously unreleased song - 'I Look Alone'.

Very nice item indeed! A must have. 8)

Then buy what Gizz says! :lol:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Get em all apart from "All Set"

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
HanGreenwell
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by HanGreenwell »

ThruBeingCool wrote:The 'PRODUCT' box set is essential. Released in 89/90, it contains every Buzzcocks official recording up to their 'split' in 1980.

Only 'Spiral Scratch' is omitted, although 3 tracks turn up on the 'live' cd which is also part of the package. There's also a previously unreleased song - 'I Look Alone'.

Very nice item indeed! A must have. 8)

Then buy what Gizz says! :lol:
Long live chats about the buzzcocks.

The best album is wot some refer to the black album. The newest one (i think?) with pink writing and stuff. Sick City Sometimes, what a farkin ace song. I love buzzcocks gigs. Btw, this part of the forum is for discussing 'other bands', so this thread is in no way shape or form off topic. Seeeeek city sometIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIImes. What a great song. it was written on the way to the recording session, I heard once. Dunno how true that is. What an ace song. SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETY SOMETIIIIIIIIIIIMES!
Oh and if anyone is in Ponty Preed, could they say hi to Funeral for Friend. They're from there. What a bunch of h a w r ties. Signed to EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEHM AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYE. What h a w r t accents they have. H a w r t. Sorry that was off topic. No more funeral for a ponty faggit. Back to the buzzcocks. They're h a w r t. I love shelley and diggle. Cute in a hawrt way. hawrt hawrt hawrt.
to see you worm and squiggle now that things aint gaaaawrn yo' way!
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

What I love about Pete & Steve and especially Steve is that he always looks as if he is really enjoying himself up there and never looks miserable. Could be the Persian Rugs though.
Tom
Rats Rally

Post by Tom »

Saw them twice for the first time last year, they are fucking brilliant live. The new album is excellent, as well.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

He sells persian rugs on the side? Good market in that then? I here they hold their value well.

Jim :lol:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:What I love about Pete & Steve and especially Steve is that he always looks as if he is really enjoying himself up there and never looks miserable. Could be the Persian Rugs though.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"