The Who Live @ Leeds and a packet of seeds

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

theraven1979 wrote:Can`t see any other mention of it either - I reckon it's a family and friends warm up bash.

I notice the Casbah Club are supporting the Who on their other dates.

EDIT: Looks like Casbah Club are on for Wireless Fest as well. I vote we get down there early.

Jim
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:Can't seem to find any info apart from on Pete Townshends website.
Just phoned up Jumbo records, nowt has been confirmed yet even though its on Pete's Site, awaiting confirmation. If I can get a ticket for that I may sell my Harewood House ticket. Much prefer the smaller intimate gigs than these big festivals.
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

Spoke to a guy at the Uni today. Gig is on but no specific details re tickets except they'll be no on-line sales possibly only from the Uni Shop. SU not involved apparently. They did say they'd had hundreds of phone calls!!!!. So I reckon we need a plan, a tent, a guitar and lashings of Tim Taylor's Landlord. Do ya fancy the night shift Jim?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Why didn't this happen 6 years ago when I was a fully paid up student wanker with me arse glued to the union bar?!!!!

Keep me informed even though the venue is shit as fuck obviously the Oo and the significance of it all HAS to be done

Jim
suchi wrote:Spoke to a guy at the Uni today. Gig is on but no specific details re tickets except they'll be no on-line sales possibly only from the Uni Shop. SU not involved apparently. They did say they'd had hundreds of phone calls!!!!. So I reckon we need a plan, a tent, a guitar and lashings of Tim Taylor's Landlord. Do ya fancy the night shift Jim?
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

Yeah, Id rather do this one than the one we have tickets for! We can always sell them on!!
just hanging around
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nah I'd rather do both. The outdoor one will be awesome if the weather is good. Plus there's a few other cool bands on. Don't be a Spooner!

Jim
raveninblack wrote:Yeah, Id rather do this one than the one we have tickets for! We can always sell them on!!
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

It'll piss down trust me! And the rest of the line up is shite!!
just hanging around
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

C'mon SFA and Casbah Club should be interesting

Jim
raveninblack wrote:It'll piss down trust me! And the rest of the line up is shite!!
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Hey guy's anymore info on the Uni gig?
Cheers.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah we've all got our tickets - trust you're sorted

Jim
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:Hey guy's anymore info on the Uni gig?
Cheers.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0 ... 20,00.html

Suchi really has got tickets - I`ve had to decline as family issues have already been arranged - defo defo on for Harewood house though - imagine if the weather is like what it is today - will be stunning !!!

Jim
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

theraven1979 wrote:http://arts.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0 ... 20,00.html

Suchi really has got tickets - I`ve had to decline as family issues have already been arranged - defo defo on for Harewood house though - imagine if the weather is like what it is today - will be stunning !!!

Jim
They made a batch available on ticketmaster yesterday. Mi mate got four I tried straight after and they'd all gone. They will be selling a quantity from the Leeds Uni shop 9am, Friday 9th June. But I figure you should be putting ya tent up now.

Look on e-bay silly prices already!!
Isolate the critisism and pass it on.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Like I said the festival will be a better expeirence IMO. Leeds Uni is like watching a school play from the back of the biggest assembley hall on the planet.

Jim
suchi wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:http://arts.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0 ... 20,00.html

Jim
They made a batch available on ticketmaster yesterday. Mi mate got four I tried straight after and they'd all gone. They will be selling a quantity from the Leeds Uni shop 9am, Friday 9th June. But I figure you should be putting ya tent up now.

Look on e-bay silly prices already!!