The Who Live @ Leeds and a packet of seeds

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

theraven1979 wrote:Like I said the festival will be a better expeirence IMO. Leeds Uni is like watching a school play from the back of the biggest assembley hall on the planet.

Jim
suchi wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:http://arts.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0 ... 20,00.html

Suchi really has got tickets - I`ve had to decline as family issues have already been arranged - defo defo on for Harewood house though - imagine if the weather is like what it is today - will be stunning !!!

Jim
They made a batch available on ticketmaster yesterday. Mi mate got four I tried straight after and they'd all gone. They will be selling a quantity from the Leeds Uni shop 9am, Friday 9th June. But I figure you should be putting ya tent up now.

Look on e-bay silly prices already!!
It be reet!
Stranglers were good in 1979 on Bwoody Waven tour:grin:
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

theraven1979 wrote:Like I said the festival will be a better expeirence IMO. Leeds Uni is like watching a school play from the back of the biggest assembley hall on the planet.

Jim
James, maaaaan, will you be going with flowers in your hair?

Suchi knows the score. :wink:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

I saw the Refectory on BBC1 last night and I didnt recognise it at all.
Last time I went it was sometime in the 90's and it was still dull, dark, and looked like it hadnt had a lick of paint since the 60's, a right shite hole. Saw some great gigs there including The Stranglers in the 80's.

Now it looks like a different room altogether.
White, windows, light, clean, clinical even.
Ugghhhhh.
I much prefer the dives.

Anyone been to CBGB's in New York?
Jeez that is one shitehole but oh what a fantastic shitehole!
Or should I say it was.
:(
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Week today you cnuts!

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

theraven1979 wrote:Week today you cnuts!

Jim
Aww, are you? :smt009 - must be all the self abuse. I recommend lots of fluids and a boxing glove!

Just jesting pal :grin:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
straightenout
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by straightenout »

Saw the Who at the Brighton Centre last night-awesome ,have changed the set around quite a bit and they are previewing a fair bit of new matierial in the Set though

Casbah Club were a major disapointment considering who's in the Band.

ENJOY LEEDS
I don't mean Rough Looking
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Thanks man - shame about Casbah Club - I`m expecting big things

Jim
straightenout wrote:Saw the Who at the Brighton Centre last night-awesome ,have changed the set around quite a bit and they are previewing a fair bit of new matierial in the Set though

Casbah Club were a major disapointment considering who's in the Band.

ENJOY LEEDS
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

straightenout
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by straightenout »

I was expecting good things as well Jim,at times it appeared like Bruce Watson was playing what he wanted and was out of sync with the rest of the Band,very ragged performance-hopefully it was a one off,will give my verdict after Hyde Park as hopefully last night was a one off.

On the plus side Townsend was on fire last night and really went for it
I don't mean Rough Looking
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Stage Times now on the site http://www.wirelessfestival.co.uk/lineUp/sunday.asp

Thank fuck SFA don`t clash with the Who!!

What`s the script dudes? Get there in time for Casbah Club?

EDIT: Scrap Casbah Club in Leeds if England are playing at 4.

Jim
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

"

Football - This is being shown at London but not Leeds. We have 2 different site managers for these festivals and it has not been deemed possible to show it at Leeds. I receive every incoming mail for this company through all the links on our website and have made the festival director aware of the ill feeling about this decision but unfortunately the decision stands and it will not be shown. Any amount of further communication on this is not going to affect this decision.

Food/Alcohol - There is different information on the tickets for the two sites (Another annoyance) so we have agreed to allow food and drink in for your own consumption INCLUDING alcohol! The only thing you can't take in will be glass and cans but i'm sure you all understand that this is not possible for health and safety reasons.

Transport to Leeds - I know this has been crap but I will have an answer on this today - We have always said (on the forum) that we will be providing bus transport to and from Leeds City Station before and after the event. Thsi still stands though it now looks like we will not be using O2 but commissioning a company to do this. I will confirm frequencies/exact location on this thread later today.

Car Park - There is a car park on site that will cost you a fiver. It will be open from 11am and will close when everyone has left or is kicked out.

Other stuff - You will be able to take in folding chairs, personal cameras but there are several things you cannot - BBQ's, stoves, AK47's, tables and flick knives...

I jest, but trust me I take all your criticism on the chin and accept several aspects have been poor on our part and will be improved in time for next year.

That said, the festival is going to be a great event at both sites and I sincerely hope you enjoy it.

Tom Brook
Customer Services Manager
Live Nation
"
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

No AK47's allowed in?
Damn I was wanting to take mine in to have a pop at the lead singer of The Flaming Lips. If I can smuggle my knife in I can at least slash that massive plastic bubble he pounces around inside of.