WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Latest non Stranglers CD i got is Evanescence; Fallen - gift from my love so noone bother being critical about it here!
Actually i'm quite into that female goth rock thing lately (the music too).

As for the Fall; PErverted by Language is still my fave (Tempo House! Smile!) , Bend Sinister coming close (Realm of Dusk!) but havent heard a lot of their newer work, their latest is pretty good i hear? Is it really?
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

evonx wrote:Latest non Stranglers CD i got is Evanescence; Fallen - gift from my love so noone bother being critical about it here!
Actually i'm quite into that female goth rock thing lately (the music too).

As for the Fall; PErverted by Language is still my fave (Tempo House! Smile!) , Bend Sinister coming close (Realm of Dusk!) but havent heard a lot of their newer work, their latest is pretty good i hear? Is it really?
Yeah their new stuff is really really good fella!

Also you need to buy the Perverted By Language DVD that was released last year

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

the Perverted By Language DVD

Ha! Really? Never knew it was released, gonna Google for it!
:)
--eric--
and there i came
Barry Spooner
Rats Rally

Post by Barry Spooner »

gizzard wrote:Killing Joke Live at the Phoenix Festival July 1994.
Is this a new release?...or un-official. I was at this festival (and down the front for KJ)...wouldn't mind hearing it again. More info please.

My latest album is The Undertones 'Get What You Need'....

..following some positive comments on this site re-the new line-up, I decided to investigate more. I have all The Undertones albums & singles & saw them twice,live, in the early 80's. Therefore I was a little sceptical about them re-forming without Feargal to say the least.

However,this latest effort is a decent album, different from all the previous albums although there are nods towards the first lp now & again.

So, Jim & Don, I'm converted o.k.

I'll now be at The Rescue Rooms in Nottingham to see them live once again on May 1st - a doubting Thomas no more!
???
"We're Thru Being Cool - Eliminate The Ninnies And The Twits!"
DannyL
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by DannyL »

Are You Are... is patchy, but I got into most of it. From what I gather he was very well oiled during the recording process, which might explain a lot. The Marshall Suite was the one that disappointed me, to be honest. It peters out after 'Antidotes'.

Their latest ('Country On The Click') is my favourite album at the moment (More so than NC). It is a brilliant record, well worth a purchase even for non-Fall fans. 'Open The Boxoctosis #2' would've made a cracking single.
No love in a thousand girls.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Unnuterable is their best IMO

Just read a great Fall book very good - gives the full SP from roots, line-ups, bust-ups to current day

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Sir Dubby
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Sir Dubby »

right now i'm listening to smashing pumpkins :blues:
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

Dom P wrote:Also listening to Outkast.

New Air CD, but the missus has nicked it.
Wel IMHO Hey Ya is the bestest single I have ever heard and I fail to believe that it didn't top the charts more so. Where have I heard that before, and very recently?? But I suppose 16 weeks in the charts these days is no mean feat.

Outkast is a unique offering fusion of styles and fun and fucking rudeness. There's a magical song based edge to these guys that is so sadly missing from the dross that surrounds it. Bit like the Stranglers in that sense too.

C R A S S
Air are class.

:stupid:
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

philjxn
Ugly
Ugly

Post by philjxn »

I'm listening to The Weakerthans - The Reconstruction Site album. Brilliant band from Winnipeg Canada.

Also...still playing shinkwrapped by Gang of Four...a briliant album that died without a trace

Freddie Laker showed them what to do...
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

With all the media (big interviews in some magazines) round Lydon i rediscovered PIL; Paris au Printemps - pretty amazing really....
Also revisiting the first two Siouxsie albums and even put on Sham 69 the other day!
But: also some new stuff: Le Pop 2 - a sampler with hip French music.
--eric--
and there i came
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

:D BOLD GLADE! What a great cleanser around the home that would make. Bit like Gold blade - clears away the cobwebs and gets rid of the dust!

Do U Believe...? Most definately.

C R A S S :cool:
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Got some free cds from BMG so bought:
1. Liz Phair - Liz Phair: Some quite good tracks but the lyrics and track titles suggest that she is in desperate need of a shag !
2. Avril Lavigne - Avril Lavigne: Again a couple of good catchy tunes. Some utter dross though !
3. Train - My Private Nation - Two bearable tracks, but the rest is utter shite !
4. Matchbox 20: More Than You Think You Are: A couple of good tracks but the rest is heavy shite.
5. John Mayer - Heavier Things: Really like this as background music - a la David Gray. First two tracks are shit hot.

Couldn't find anything else in the sodding club worth trying ! But it made me appreciate how good Norfolk Coast really is !!

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!