WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

steveareno
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by steveareno »

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (NY Indie band)

Steveareno.
'If there's no reason for your words, then your silence ain't absurd, if there's no reason for your breathing then it just won't do'
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

SmallPaul wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Managed to finally get me hands on 999s "Concrete" album on CD so I`ll be spinning that as well.

Jim
I love this era from 999. The 4 singles on the CD, Lil Red Riding Hood, Indian Reservation, Wild Sun & Obsessed are top quality.

I've been trying for a while to get 13th Floor Madness on CD (the album after Concrete) & saw it recently on Amazon so I'll have to get hold of that. You don't have it by any chance?

Paul
I'm also a massive 999 fan and thought 'Concrete' was excellent. In fact at this point in their career I thought they may have gone on to greater things.

However I thought '13th Floor Madness' was a big disappointment. Took me a while to track a copy down. Don't even think it had a U.K. release originally. (maybe wrong there but there was little promotion, if any, for it over here)

Worse to come was 'Face To Face' a few years later. Abysmal! Somewhere along the line 999 completely lost the plot.

On a more positive note I have the more recent 'You,Us, It!' & 'Takeover' both of which are quite good albums. Albeit they are back in "shouty" mode :grin:

You can't beat the 1st 4 999 albums though imho.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Alternating between the following (on shuffle on my CD player)

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I am...
The Rakes - Capture/Release
The Futureheads
We Are Scientists - ..Squalor
Franz Ferdinand - It Could Have Been...

Jam - Direction...(5CD box set) - after recent thread regarding Weller!!!

Buzzcocks - Singles Going Steady
Ramones - Anthology 2CD
Clash
Ruts - Something That I Said (Best Of..)
Damned - Smash It Up Anthology (CD1)

However, again after reading recent thread, I think The Who - 30 Years of Maximum R'n'B maybe getting a dust off!!!
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I remember buying "You Us It" after their blinding Fontwell performance. Another quality album. What`s their new stuff like?

Jim
ThruBeingCool wrote:
SmallPaul wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Managed to finally get me hands on 999s "Concrete" album on CD so I`ll be spinning that as well.

Jim
I love this era from 999. The 4 singles on the CD, Lil Red Riding Hood, Indian Reservation, Wild Sun & Obsessed are top quality.

I've been trying for a while to get 13th Floor Madness on CD (the album after Concrete) & saw it recently on Amazon so I'll have to get hold of that. You don't have it by any chance?

Paul
I'm also a massive 999 fan and thought 'Concrete' was excellent. In fact at this point in their career I thought they may have gone on to greater things.

However I thought '13th Floor Madness' was a big disappointment. Took me a while to track a copy down. Don't even think it had a U.K. release originally. (maybe wrong there but there was little promotion, if any, for it over here)

Worse to come was 'Face To Face' a few years later. Abysmal! Somewhere along the line 999 completely lost the plot.

On a more positive note I have the more recent 'You,Us, It!' & 'Takeover' both of which are quite good albums. Albeit they are back in "shouty" mode :grin:

You can't beat the 1st 4 999 albums though imho.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Re-999

'Takeover' was released about 7-8 years ago so can't really be viewed as 'new' material. I reckon it's better than 'You,Us,It!' although it suffers from poor production. Sounds like a set of demos actually, could do with the more polished sound of 'Y U I'. Deffo worth a listen.

Don't think there has been any newer stuff since 'Takeover' - and there was nothing new in the set I caught @ Nottingham last December.

I've bought a couple of 'demo' albums in recent years both of which consist of un-released tracks and early versions of released songs namely:

'Outburst' - Highly recommended.
'Slam' - Don't bother! Sound quality is awful.
bry

Post by bry »

LIZZENIN 2 TEASING LULU STUFF, TIS GOOOOD!

999 saw em in york back when seperates was released 78??, anyhoo nick cash is bopping a way thru the gig and the stage is a small low 1 with a curtain and pelmet curtain thingy*, anyhoo he gets all excited and does a lunge and leans forward and grabs the pelmet curtain thingy* and goes fookin flying into the audience! funny as fook!! :lol:

top band anyhoo

*what are they called??
like a meteor, like to meet you!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I have Slam - don`t mind it - I love the demos like Scandel In The City and No Prisoners.

Noticed Outburst the other day. I`ll be investing then.

Jim
ThruBeingCool wrote:Re-999

'Takeover' was released about 7-8 years ago so can't really be viewed as 'new' material. I reckon it's better than 'You,Us,It!' although it suffers from poor production. Sounds like a set of demos actually, could do with the more polished sound of 'Y U I'. Deffo worth a listen.

Don't think there has been any newer stuff since 'Takeover' - and there was nothing new in the set I caught @ Nottingham last December.

I've bought a couple of 'demo' albums in recent years both of which consist of un-released tracks and early versions of released songs namely:

'Outburst' - Highly recommended.
'Slam' - Don't bother! Sound quality is awful.
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Ever since Mr Hillier posted about Alabama-3 I haven't been able to stop listening to them. Have now moved on to their lead singer's solo album:

Robert (Larry) Love - Ghost Flight

Tried Killing Joke's new single, but am in a mellow mood, which it totally destroyed ! Much prefer KJ when JC doesn't scream !

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

The Chalets - Think B52s meet Kenickie

Jim
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Buzzcocks-The Complete Singles Anthology
Buzzcocks-Driving You Insane
Buzzcocks-Live London Rainbow 1979
Morrissey-Ringleader Of The Tormentors
Killing Joke-Hosannas From The Basements Of Hell
The Stranglers-Live Milton Keynes 1988
SLF-Live Holmfirth 2004
:grin:

Borrowed The Kaiser Chiefs album off a mate but got bored after the first six tracks.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
bry

Post by bry »

http://www.myspace.com/vanessaandtheos

these! very burnel/danni mode 8)
like a meteor, like to meet you!
wadey1

Post by wadey1 »

i been listening to a bit of kinks. serious kinks fan i am. and Donovan too, and before you say it (cos its such a funny fucking joke) not jason donovan but infact the 60s folk star.