Devo now

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Devo now

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Nice one Delboy! Did you know that DEVO are basically and have almost always been 2 sets of brothers (only the drummer changes) :?: i.e. Mark Mothersbaugh and his bruv Bob (more commonly known as Bob 1) plus Gerald V Casale and his brother, also Bob (more commonly known as Bob 2)..not alot of people know that :idea:

PLUS!!!!!! If you've ever seen the DEVO videos (which I guess you have) then you will be familiar with the character 'General Boy'. That's Mark's Dad that is 8)
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Jim :P
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

theraven1979 wrote:Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Jim :P
Ahem. As a recent Devo convert (see previous my Devo now post), I found TBC's last post fairly interesting also. Thanks TBC. You are a font of trivia.
Boogie now, Dave!
delboyinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by delboyinblack »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Nice one Delboy! Did you know that DEVO are basically and have almost always been 2 sets of brothers (only the drummer changes) :?: i.e. Mark Mothersbaugh and his bruv Bob (more commonly known as Bob 1) plus Gerald V Casale and his brother, also Bob (more commonly known as Bob 2)..not alot of people know that :idea:

PLUS!!!!!! If you've ever seen the DEVO videos (which I guess you have) then you will be familiar with the character 'General Boy'. That's Mark's Dad that is 8)
Cheers for the nod mate-at the risk of being boring we've actually met before in Manchester pre Academy gig for the Suite XVI tour,I'm Stuman's uncle.
I was aware of these facts but thanks anyway mate.
Duty Now For The Future.
I'm not gonna cry i bet he hit that water high
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Ah! I remember you of course. How is Stuman btw? Haven't noticed him on here lately.
delboyinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by delboyinblack »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Ah! I remember you of course. How is Stuman btw? Haven't noticed him on here lately.
Not long back from Australia mate I'll tell him you were asking for him.
I'm not gonna cry i bet he hit that water high
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Deluxe reissues are available 11.3.09!

"Q: Are We Not Men?, A: We Are Devo!", DEVO's debut album circa 1978, will be re-issued on CD and Vinyl. Bonus material includes a live version of the album played front to back which was recorded at the London Forum in May 2009. In that performance - never before available - the band performs "Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!" in its entirety, front to back live! The Daily Mirror described the show as, "tight as a gnats nethers; note-perfect and impeccably choreographed in their traditionally minimalistic schlock-shock style."

There will also be a SUPER DELUXE version of the "Are We Not Men?" re-issue, which will include a DVD of DEVO's London 2009 show. It will only be available on the ClubDevo.com site. (release date and final info still tbd) and available digitally as a stand-alone long form video through iTunes (release date still tbd).

"Freedom of Choice", DEVO's 3rd and most popular album circa 1980, will also be reissued on CD and Vinyl. It will include a bonus disc of live material: the six-song "DEV-O LIVE EP", recorded in 1980 at San Francisco's Fox Warfield Theatre. Also included - of course - is the remastered version of the "Freedom Of Choice" album.

Both are re-mastered, and packaging for both deluxe editions includes exclusive stuff from the DEVO archives: photos, art sketches, handwritten lyrics, and a glimpse inside Mark Mothersbaugh's early sketchbooks.
Never to look back
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Never to look back »

I still have my vinyl copies of Be Stiff E.P, Are we not men? [also on Pic Disc], Duty Now for the future, Freedom of Choice and the Devo Live Ep. They are still in very good condition so I wont need to buy the new versions but I have to say that when I saw Devo at the Apollo in 1980 it was probably one of the most enjoyable gigs I have ever attended.
I had a black shirt, But I wasn't one
Pretzel
Down In The Sewer

Post by Pretzel »

..used to listen to them - just heard We Can work it on youtube - sounds good!
I'm only 2 years out of date,

G
Straighten Out
nbm
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by nbm »

Set list from last nights show: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/devo/2009 ... 72e85.html

Got into the venue around ten minutes before Devo took the stage, place was as packed as I've ever seen it...wound up towards the back but had a decent view.

Hearing the first album straight through - amazing. Crowd was really into the show which made it all the more shocking that they came out did only three additional songs and left the stage after a paltry 65 minutes elapsed. So much back catalog to choose from and everyone left at the end thinking "is that really it?"

Compare that to Hugh on the same night: two full albums, 26 songs in total.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Same as the recenct London show NBM :!:

I'm getting pissed off with DEVO lately myself :shock:

Taking 2 nights to play 2 albums (as they are in The States) is taking the piss especially as ticket prices are so high. I'm also cheesed off with 'em for not making the deluxe re-release of the first album available to fans who live outside of the U.S.A.

Q:Are We Not Skint? A: Yes! After Seeing Devo!

Twunts! :smt012 :smt011
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Greetings Spuds :!:

Talk about second coming! New Merch, new album, big label, proper backing,re-vamped official site......NOW IT CAN BE TOLD :!:

Duty Now For The Future :smt006

http://www.clubdevo.com/home