Post by theraven1979 »

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

fokkin hell, the Cockney Rejects!
I used to like them a lot when i was 14 jumping at the local youth centre.....
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
mccardigan
Ugly
Ugly

Post by mccardigan »

I've got tickets for the Manchester Arena gig. Franz Ferdinand are the support. Could do with some old punks there.
if your breasts are too big you'll fall over. Unless, of course, you wear a rucksack.
sadie mae
Down In The Sewer

Post by sadie mae »

Cheers for posting that Jim :) Will be doing my utmost to get tickets for Morrissey...hope he does tons of Smiths!

Oh...and while I'm feeling *almost* talkative today, I take back my big gripe at Paul Roberts' singing mk 1 stuff, he was fantastic at SBE in every way, as were the rest of the band, I really enjoyed the whole set and the sound was much better than usual at that venue, from level one anyway...fucking superstars they are :D

My best Yule present ever (thanks Troy!) :;):
DannyL
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by DannyL »

sadie mae wrote:...hope he does tons of Smiths!
You've got more chance of seeing Mike Joyce on drums!

Aye, I'm getting my ticket - can't wait for his new album.
No love in a thousand girls.
sadie mae
Down In The Sewer

Post by sadie mae »

Ha ha Danny , yes there seems to be a bit of animosity going on between them doesn't there, to put it mildly, but I still hope for a few classics thrown in, his band seem excellent going by the the new single.... surely he must play some, christ we've waited long enough!

Managed to get a ticket by the skin of my teeth for the 26th at RFH, in the stalls aswell :D God, I can't wait.

There's quite a good interview with him on Radio 6 with Janice Long from a while back.
sadie mae
Down In The Sewer

Post by sadie mae »

Jesus, all this waiting....he better be bloody worth
it :) :;):
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Setlist last week:

First of the Gang to Die / Hairdresser on Fire / Irish Blood, English Heart / The Headmaster Ritual/ I Have Forgiven Jesus/ Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice/ Let Me Kiss You / Rubber Ring/ Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference/ Subway Train (into) Everyday Is Like Sunday / The World Is Full of Crashing Bores / How Could Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel? / No One Can Hold A Candle To You / All The Lazy Dykes / Jack The Ripper / I Know it's Gonna Happen Someday // There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
DoctorBlack
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by DoctorBlack »

if anyone's interested, Morrissey is at number 2 in the midweek singles chart!
Second coming.
sadie mae
Down In The Sewer

Post by sadie mae »

That sounds like a pretty good set :) I'm getting all over-excited that they might just do some little gems on that last night... please, please, please let me get what I want :p
Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

anyone see him on Jonathon Ross last friday

I caught the last bit, Morrisey was on- played 2 songs (Irish blood/English heart and a great version of every day is like Sunday) and was interviewed inbetween by JR. Fascinating watching mozzer and jr trying to 'out-front' each other in the interview.
The songs went down well, yes morrisey does look old, but his new album got a real good plugging from rossy.
Didn't a certain conversation on Radio 2 a few weeks back, with the stranglers go:-
JR - you were great, will you come on my show?
JJ - yes, we'd love to.

WTF happened then? why wasn't it made to happen, surely it would have almost guaranteed a chart placing for NC. but no, let's be apathetic and grateful they played lbv on the radio once or twice. :wallbash:
....near the nearside window.....
mccardigan
Ugly
Ugly

Post by mccardigan »

Morrissey's new lp is a NC type return to form. I'm a happy Bunny twice over now. Can't wait for Shrew and The Cure to complete the quartet.
if your breasts are too big you'll fall over. Unless, of course, you wear a rucksack.