marillion single

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

cassini
Ugly
Ugly

Post by cassini »

looks like we should have taken a leaf from Marillion fans - advance orders from HMV for their new single, to be released on Monday, have broken HMV's online pre-order records, making it likey that the single could go to no 1 next week!

cassini
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Bastards! :D

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Rich
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Rich »

Marillion number 31 in futurechart thingy, Strangs number 20. Wonder where they get their info. from.

Rich.
Black and White becomes........
DoctorBlack
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by DoctorBlack »

cassini wrote:likey that the single could go to no 1 next week!
I wouldn't put any money on it; hmv pre-orders are usually a small percentage of the total weekly sales and they're going to have to shift around 40000 to get no 1. Plus, the Official Chart Company have been tipped off and are watching them with a view to disallowing the single from charting if they notice any 'irregular' sales patterns.
Second coming.
Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

DoctorBlack wrote:
cassini wrote:likey that the single could go to no 1 next week!

I wouldn't put any money on it; hmv pre-orders are usually a small percentage of the total weekly sales and they're going to have to shift around 40000 to get no 1. Plus, the Official Chart Company have been tipped off and are watching them with a view to disallowing the single from charting if they notice any 'irregular' sales patterns.
It's a pity the official chart company don't disallow crap from the charts on the grounds that an unknown act can hit the charts purely because a radio 1 dj plays the song to death.
I think that's far more unfair and undemocratic than bulk buying, in whatever form it takes.

Does anyone know if there's any more midweek charts, or any other guides to come out before Sunday?, if it's 36 now, then it'd be a shame if it went up a bit to hit 31 again. It's got to be worth buying some more copies if it could guarantee a top 30 spot.
....near the nearside window.....
philjxn
Ugly
Ugly

Post by philjxn »

Well said. PS Marillion aren't released until the 19th - giving the chart police plenty of time to crack their evil pernicious pseudo-hippy scheming...smells like a rotting fish...as opposed to us - an authentic voice for the erstwhile disenfranchised and under-appreciated Stranglers. There is justice in the world.

PS what he said - 99p go buy one - and rat on Marillion while you're there.

:D
Freddie Laker showed them what to do...
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

No.7 didn`t go all the way but a Top 10 hit can`t be bad. Anyone actually heard it?

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
DoctorBlack
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by DoctorBlack »

sold only to the fanbase:
4500 preordered ( 1500 fans * 3 formats )
4500 bought again last week ( same 1500 fans * 3 formats )
----
9000 = #7
Second coming.