The Exploited - Who listens to the exploited

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Wattie

Post by Wattie »

the exploited are great so who listens to them?
GRIFF
Ugly
Ugly

Post by GRIFF »

YOU STILL DRIVING ROUND EDINBURGH IN THAT DODGY CAPRI? LOVED SEEING THE EXPLOITED IN THE 80S. ABERCORN/NITE CLUB/SUPPORTING RAMONES AT THE PLAYHOUSE, DOWN ST STEPHENS STREET WITH BIG JOHN. AH THOSE WERE THE DAYS
Griff
Peterson
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Peterson »

Barmy Army !

Manna Machines was a big fan !
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

ohmygod...in my first band we did SPG, Alternative and Cop Cars...
was shocked to see they are (apparently) still around.
onedimensional beerpunk.
:D
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Peterson
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Peterson »

Ah but surely "The Troops of Tomorrow" was a Punk classic :cool: :) :;):
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Ah but surely "The Troops of Tomorrow" was a Punk classic

Yes , but that was a Vibrators original which means it probably was (co-)written by John Ellis so i guess even in the "Other bands Section" we cannot get rid of the stranglers!!!
:stupid:
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
meatman
SHAKESPEARO

Post by meatman »

Fuck the Mods.....now that was a good one.
The Little Nuclei
Rats Rally

Post by The Little Nuclei »

GRIFF wrote:YOU STILL DRIVING ROUND EDINBURGH IN THAT DODGY CAPRI? LOVED SEEING THE EXPLOITED IN THE 80S. ABERCORN/NITE CLUB/SUPPORTING RAMONES AT THE PLAYHOUSE, DOWN ST STEPHENS STREET WITH BIG JOHN. AH THOSE WERE THE DAYS
??? U can take yer Caps Lock off now...... :taxidriver:
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

GRIFF wrote:YOU STILL DRIVING ROUND EDINBURGH IN THAT DODGY CAPRI? LOVED SEEING THE EXPLOITED IN THE 80S. ABERCORN/NITE CLUB/SUPPORTING RAMONES AT THE PLAYHOUSE, DOWN ST STEPHENS STREET WITH BIG JOHN. AH THOSE WERE THE DAYS

The only time I stumbled across Big John in Edinburgh he was ... eating. Stuffing his face with a baked tattie outside that shop at the end of St Stephen Street. Liked his grub, Big John. Didn't he gig with Nirvana, or something?
Talking bullshit on a slow repeat.
SNEWb

Post by SNEWb »

ive heard that they are shit
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

SNEWb wrote:ive heard that they are shit

... but have YOU actually heard them? :(
Talking bullshit on a slow repeat.
Barry Spooner
Rats Rally

Post by Barry Spooner »

Wattie wrote:the exploited are great so who listens to them?
The Exploited are shite & I certainly don't listen to them....anymore.

Like many of the bands of their era they completely missed the point. They & others of their ilk tried to out-punk the bands that had inspired them but only succeeded in driving the final nail into the coffin of punk. All the designer label bondage trousers, more studs in the leathers and mohicans could not make up for the shit music that came along with it. No new ideas, experimentation or originality...just a few football chants put to music (!). The only way that they adhered to any kind of punk ethic was that this new breed really couldn't play an instrument!

The Exploited weren't alone sounding the death knell for punk in the early 80's..stand up also:

Chron Gen, anti-Pasti, The Anti-Nowhere league, The Business, Discharge, GBH, The Last Resort, The Cockney Rejects, Abrasive Wheels, Infa Riot, 4 Skins, Splodge, Blitz, Vice Squad, The Partisans, any band who appeared on an 'Oi!' compilation album etc...need I go on?...

In fact..and this is especiallly for any yonger visitors to this site......ANY BAND WHO CLAIMS TO BE A PUNK BAND ARE ALMOST DEFINITELY NOT PUNK...alright?

:boozer:

btw. I have 'Punks Not Dead' , 'Live 'N' Loud' (Pink Vinyl) the first 4 Exploited singles & also saw them live at The Retford Porterhouse 1981. I don't slag the Exploited without having listened to them.

Also saw Big John with Nirvana at Reading 1992...didn't realise it at the time though!
"We're Thru Being Cool - Eliminate The Ninnies And The Twits!"