The Doors

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

GirlWithABat

Post by GirlWithABat »

anyone listen to casualties...sex pistols...riot 99...LCB...CBH??? :pissedagain: :boozer:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

GirlWithABat wrote:anyone listen to casualties...sex pistols...riot 99...LCB...CBH??? :pissedagain: :boozer:
I think you might be better off on another forums

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

John Densmore on Morrisons drinking

Densmore's book Riders on the Storm is great!
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Has to be the most honest and accurate written work on the band owing to his insider role. Compulsive reading.
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
Barry Spooner
Rats Rally

Post by Barry Spooner »

THE DOORS WERE SHIT
"We're Thru Being Cool - Eliminate The Ninnies And The Twits!"
Barry Spooner
Rats Rally

Post by Barry Spooner »

The Doors weren't shit...I actually like some of their stuff..it's just that back in 1991 I had 'Doors' overkill....

For most of this year (1991) I lived in Johannesburg..yeah, the murder capital of the world etc..

Even though it was some 20 years after Jim Morrison's death & the demise of The Doors you would never have known it over there. The Doors were to white South africans in 1991 what Oasis were here 3/4 yrs later over here.

It seemed like the whole place was stuck in a time warp. Every bar had an artist or band who included a 'Doors' number in their set, there were bars that had 'The Doors' played all day to bring the punters in. I even used to go to a club called 'The Doors'..named after ..yeah u guessed it...

Matters weren't helped by the fact that The Doors movie (that one with Val Kilmer) was released at the same time. I actually went to see the flick in Jo'Burg, a few weeks after it had been released over there..after the fuss had died down a bit. But even on a mid-week, evening showing in an almost empty cinema u would still find a few south african twats 'whooping' american style & shouting the praises of 'Jim' as the final credits rolled...as if they'd just been to a real 'Doors' gig,,or something.

I was even more pissed off by the fact that a really fit bird who I really wanted to fuck (..& almost did...BUT alas didn't...) was obsessed by JM & THe Doors ..and thought she was really in touch with him/them........simply because of all the druggy/hippy shit that was associated with The Doors and their era.

It was like punk never 'appened I can tell ya!

:O
"We're Thru Being Cool - Eliminate The Ninnies And The Twits!"