Best albums of 2020

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

User avatar
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER
Posts: 4655
Joined: 23 Dec 2001, 01:15
Location: London NW10
Contact:

Re: Best albums of 2020

Post by Dom P »

Universal Want - Doves
Fetch the Boltcutters - Fiona Apple
On Sunset - Paul Weller
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
jeanjacketburnel
Rats Rally
Posts: 331
Joined: 17 Jan 2004, 10:52
Location: Cheltenham

Re: Best albums of 2020

Post by jeanjacketburnel »

I think the last new album I heard was giants so I nominate that
STEVE
Rattus2411
SHAKESPEARO
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 Jan 2020, 19:48

Re: Best albums of 2020

Post by Rattus2411 »

Bob Mould - Blue Hearts
Sparks - A Steady Drip, Drip, Drip
Pere Ubu - By Order of Mayor Pawlicki (live album)
User avatar
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1192
Joined: 25 Jan 2014, 13:20
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Re: Best albums of 2020

Post by Boody »

In terms of newly discovered albums I bought the Snivelling Shits album this year. What a forgotten classic that is.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
User avatar
sendwarrior
VERSATRAN SERIES F
Posts: 155
Joined: 01 Jul 2020, 19:55
Location: In The Shadows

Re: Best albums of 2020

Post by sendwarrior »

Without a doubt - Hung Like Hanratty's 'Dragged Up' - it's a great album and it also features the last new song recorded by Dave Greenfield which we'll hear this year 💖🎶
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 7744
Joined: 02 Oct 2008, 15:34
Location: Kent

Re: Best albums of 2020

Post by jason »

I might try the new ones by Doves, Killers and Paul Wellar.
manticore
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1390
Joined: 18 Feb 2008, 18:36
Location: highlands,scotland.

Re: Best albums of 2020

Post by manticore »

Mars casino by the original line up of the vibrators,with Chris spedding.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
User avatar
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2024
Joined: 08 Jan 2008, 22:56
Location: Bedfordshire

Re: Best albums of 2020

Post by aldinblack »

sendwarrior wrote:Without a doubt - Hung Like Hanratty's 'Dragged Up' - it's a great album and it also features the last new song recorded by Dave Greenfield which we'll hear this year ImageImage
Great album. But is Fly High actually part of the album ? It comes up as a separate release on Spotify...

Anyway great band and they have a tour scheduled so hopefully will get to see them live soon...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
User avatar
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 5167
Joined: 29 Oct 2003, 21:52
Location: the netherlands
Contact:

Re: Best albums of 2020

Post by evonx »

--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
User avatar
sendwarrior
VERSATRAN SERIES F
Posts: 155
Joined: 01 Jul 2020, 19:55
Location: In The Shadows

Re: Best albums of 2020

Post by sendwarrior »

Dave recorded 'Living for the Weekend' with HLH which is the last track on their album - it's classic Dave keyboards, love it 💖

'Fly High' was HLH's tribute to Dave, written after we lost him to Covid 😢
aldinblack wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 13:39
sendwarrior wrote:Without a doubt - Hung Like Hanratty's 'Dragged Up' - it's a great album and it also features the last new song recorded by Dave Greenfield which we'll hear this year ImageImage
Great album. But is Fly High actually part of the album ? It comes up as a separate release on Spotify...

Anyway great band and they have a tour scheduled so hopefully will get to see them live soon...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
User avatar
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2024
Joined: 08 Jan 2008, 22:56
Location: Bedfordshire

Re: Best albums of 2020

Post by aldinblack »

sendwarrior wrote:Dave recorded 'Living for the Weekend' with HLH which is the last track on their album - it's classic Dave keyboards, love it Image

'Fly High' was HLH's tribute to Dave, written after we lost him to Covid Image
aldinblack wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 13:39
sendwarrior wrote:Without a doubt - Hung Like Hanratty's 'Dragged Up' - it's a great album and it also features the last new song recorded by Dave Greenfield which we'll hear this year ImageImage
Great album. But is Fly High actually part of the album ? It comes up as a separate release on Spotify...

Anyway great band and they have a tour scheduled so hopefully will get to see them live soon...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Oh I see,

Image

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
User avatar
jetblacksdad
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 944
Joined: 30 Jun 2008, 12:56
Location: Here and there

Re: Best albums of 2020

Post by jetblacksdad »

Humanist - Humanist
Holy Apes - Listen to the Ape
Fontaines - A Heroes Death
Idles - Ultra Mono
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Post Reply