"The Damned" at Southampton Guildhall 22/08/18.

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Re: "The Damned" at Southampton Guildhall 22/08/18.

Post by Boody »

It’s Golden Brown syndrome- most of the people at a Damned concert probably only go once a year so the likes of New Rose &c will always be in the set. I thought they were great at Southampton- saw DV at Warrington before the Parr Hall gig and he was fed up about the sound problems. I was just star struck (as usual).
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Greatkudu wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 12:05
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 01:46 Thanks for the revyoo mr kudu.
I really wanted to see The Damned but couldn’t be arsed to go to Holmfirth, wish they’d come back and play Leeds.
Chris Packham? I think it was on Springwatch a few years ago, he kept slipping Clash song titles into the script, very funny.
:grin:

I see they’re off to America, The Stranglers should go with em and give it another go or two cracking America, knowing The Stranglers though just as they crack America they would split up!
Yes Mr Packham loves his Punk music,The Damned seem to love touring the states,they really are on a roll and live they are better then ever? When the
sound is good,Packham seemed like a nice bloke,he was talking to Captain in dressing room after gig,I am going to see them in Paris in November.
Anyone know of any good reason why The Stranglers couldn’t just go to America and play support to The Damned though?
It just seems to make so much sense, perhaps also get Buzzcocks on the bill, they pull quite a large crowd too, I saw em once in NYC, at the Bowery Ballroom. I just sometimes wish The Stranglers did make it ‘Big In America’, they just seem to be criminally ignored and like they have been written out of Punk/New Wave history as they have over here by fucktards like J*hn S*v*g*.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

I remember that gig,i went. The gig itself wasen't one of the best, i saw them 6 times last year. I just remember it being fine, until Monty's sound problems. it's funny how you can go through soundcheck being fine, then you get to the gig it's self and your instrument packs up on you. That's modern technology for you.

Stand out points from the gig itself i remember
Born To Kill, which they played during Monty's breakdown
Democracy alway's great to hear live
the gig was notable for the debut of I don't care!
& Grimny Fiedish made a return to the set
With the usual stuff they play

That was the last time i have been to the Southampton Guildhall and 3rd time over all, it still has not really improved as a Music Venue. They need to improve the overall sound there.

Yesterday i bought a ticket to see them at the Brighton Concorde 2 in July, it's Machine Gun Ettqutte in full this year as it is 40 years old this year.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

pigeon wrote: 25 May 2019, 11:37 I remember that gig,i went. The gig itself wasen't one of the best, i saw them 6 times last year. I just remember it being fine, until Monty's sound problems. it's funny how you can go through soundcheck being fine, then you get to the gig it's self and your instrument packs up on you. That's modern technology for you.

Stand out points from the gig itself i remember
Born To Kill, which they played during Monty's breakdown
Democracy alway's great to hear live
the gig was notable for the debut of I don't care!
& Grimny Fiedish made a return to the set
With the usual stuff they play

That was the last time i have been to the Southampton Guildhall and 3rd time over all, it still has not really improved as a Music Venue. They need to improve the overall sound there.

Yesterday i bought a ticket to see them at the Brighton Concorde 2 in July, it's Machine Gun Ettqutte in full this year as it is 40 years old this year.
The Damned really are fantastic live at the moment,hope to see them in Bath June 28th.Lt Kudu.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Brighton Concorde 2 tomorrow night!!. MGE in full, plus a massive Announcement tomorrow morning i hear from their facebook page.