new damned album

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: new damned album

Post by Greatkudu »

Damned album is Superb,But The Stranglers album should be good if its anything as good as the new song "Water" I have faith in the band,but The

Damned have raised the bar high for any band from the original Punk period,its just a stunner of an album,but also the new Spear of Destiny album is

top notch so great period for albums at the moment.Tony Basil.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Just ordered this , along with Burning Cities ( Skids ) , Mission Impossible ( Chelsea ) ....so if The Stranglers do get an album out this year it will make a huge 4 albums for me in 2018 .....last time I got any was 3 in 2012 .Maybe Killing Joke can throw one in and it'll be a mega year for me .
All quiet ..........
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Very enjoyable album this. What a shame bands like the Damned and Stranglers are releasing albums every 7 or 10 years though. I guess it's great they are still going though. Let's hope the Damned can still release some more albums before they call it a day.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

The Damned album? I love it. But only 10 tracks when they claim they recorded at least 22.
So expect some E.P.'s.
ManInBrown
laurie
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by laurie »

Rockula wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 16:37 The Damned album? I love it. But only 10 tracks when they claim they recorded at least 22.
So expect some E.P.'s.
Or another album
do you wanna
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Still love this album after many listens,still superb,well done "The Damned" and Mr Visconti for the top notch production,wish he would produce the new Stranglers Album,they need an outside opinion as Louie is a bit to close to be objective IMHO.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

The new album is fucking embarrassing, I do like "Standing On the Edge of Tomorrow" a bit but it quickly goes downhill from there, if it's the last album then they aren't exactly going out on a high.
I will give it a few more listens though as I've always loved The Damned, some albums can take a while to appreciate for some people I guess.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I'd say this is about a 7 out of 10 album after listening to it quite a lot now. Well worth a listen but not brilliant. Some great tracks though, especially Standing on the edge of tomorrow.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

I think it depends ( like The Stranglers ) which era you bought into the band and what exactly you like about the band . I prefer the original material , probably first 2 or 3 albums - like The Stranglers it had a harder edge and was a more raw sound . This new album falls more under their psychedelic era stuff ....at times it could almost be a modern Hawkwind ( I say at times ) . Its pretty good , as good as you will get these days from any band of that era , if it was The Stranglers and they released on par with this I'd be pretty happy ( no jazz songs ) . A couple of near classics on this - Standing and Shadow Evocation . Of the 3 albums I bought including this one , probably The Skids is my favourite ... a harder edge to them but still with The Skids sound . Chelsea is more a grower and I'm getting to like it more . This is probably on par with Chelsea but not so much a grower , probably as good as it will get right now .
All quiet ..........
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 28 May 2018, 09:25 ... if it was The Stranglers and they released on par with this I'd be pretty happy ( no jazz songs ) ...
Agreed. I would rate the new Damned album higher than the last Stranglers album Giants.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Lafleur wrote: 28 May 2018, 11:06
Jon the Impaler wrote: 28 May 2018, 09:25 ... if it was The Stranglers and they released on par with this I'd be pretty happy ( no jazz songs ) ...
Agreed. I would rate the new Damned album higher than the last Stranglers album Giants.
I think then .....The Damned have set the bar .....and pretty high too . A lot of bands doing their last hurrah's album wise I think from that era . Can't be a lot of life left in a fair few of them .
All quiet ..........
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I prefer Giants.